Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest "Security" update broke VoLTE again

Go to solution
Journeyman

Latest "Security" update broke VoLTE again

Galaxy S8, Software Update G950USQS5CSB1

The update happened last night.  VoLTE was working before the update. I just got back from a road trip from DC to Austin TX.  Had VoLTE all the way except for some parts of Arkansas between Little Rock and Texarkana.  VoLTE was working when I flew back to MSP.  I woke to find the phone had installed a security update and now VoLTE is not working.  Last time this happened several weeks ago it was a system issue,  not a phone issue.

Could one of our SMART agents please look into this and see if it's a system issue again?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Latest "Security" update broke VoLTE again

Hey dtrayers. What's the zip code you are in where the VoLTE is having issues? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Thank you. I don't see any known issues out on our board for this just yet. You can drop a ticket in the My Sprint App to report this or we can do that for you, but we'll need your phone number. Shoot it to me in a PM if you want me to go ahead and drop a ticket out for you. 

Journeyman

Last time this happened it was a system issue on Sprint's end.  Unless there is a method to roll back a firmware update (which there isn't), I don't see the benefit of putting in a support ticket. Last time I put in a ticket and spent half a day on the phone with support (of which half of that was on hold) and in the end it was the SMART team that figured out it was a network issue, not a phone issue.  Support just wanted to factory restore my phone.  No thanks.  Either Sprint figures out the issue, or a the next firmware update fixes it, or I move to the S10 in a couple of months when my contract is up (or move to Verizon).

It's annoying.. I'm in the car a lot and navigate by Waze *and* talk on the phone.  Losing VoLTE after enjoying it for six months is a huge step back.

Highlighted

Right now we aren't aware of any issues, but that doesn't mean we won't be looking into it. Throwing a ticket into our system is always beneficial because it puts more eyes on the issue and it's not something you have to call in on or even address outside of submitting a ticket.

I'm checking around internally to see if anyone has heard what might be causing the issue. We will let you know as soon as we have information to share. 

It's important to remember that VoLTE is still in a test phase and there will be times like these when things are temporarily out of service due to various updates made while we work towards the larger goal of rolling out VoLTE nationwide for all later this year. 

Hang tight. We'll let you know as soon as we have more info. Right now this is the first we've heard of anyone having issues with VoLTE relating to the last security update. 

Journeyman

I fixed it by reprovisioning my phone (##72786#).

Thanks for the help!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat