Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magic Box battery pack

Go to solution
Journeyman

Magic Box battery pack

Greetings all,

I recently received the Magic Box, and had no trouble setting it up,  In fact, the first window I put it by came back with an "Excellent" signal report.  So, this note is not really about the box itself, but the little battery pack that came with it.  This poor little guy did not even get a chance to be used, since the first location I tried worked like a champ.  The question is, is there anything that can be done with the battery pack?  I hate to just throw it back in the box to rot.  Can it be reused with something else, or sent to Sprint for reuse or something?  I just hate to waste the little thing.

9 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Magic Box battery pack

wouldnt the battery pack be used for a short time if you loose power or something?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Good idea, but the wall power feeds into the same place that the battery pack would, so it would be a manual switchover.

GrandMaster

thats a bummer..i do not have one but my first thought was for power loss back up..i'll ask about that one if you dont get any answers before then.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

ok so what im needing is a pic of what you have there. battery in and the sides. the battery should be there as a backup only if you loose power and there should be another place that cord plugs in. if im thinking correctly it shouldnt be near the battery area.

main reason im asking for pics lol.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi there! That little battery pack can live a fulfilling life as a rechargeable battery for your mobile devices. I've got one that I take with me when traveling. It's been a lifesaver for my phone and tablet!  External+Battery.png

i dont have a magic box or even seen one physically in front of me so i cant say how its supposed to be connected..

that is however pretty cool if its main purpose is to help pre set up while finding the right location before actually plugging it in and leaving it there.

Journeyman

Mine is exactly like yours except it does not have the sticker with the text.  Using it as a flash charger for my phone definitely has possibilities, but I'd have to find an adapter to go from the battery pack to the phone since the circular power connector for the Magic Box is not going to work.  Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into that.  I'll have to find some specs on what the output from that little pack is...

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Glad I could help, @bcarter5876!  Hey @Em_Will_I_Am, do you have any specs on the output, capacity, and connection type for the battery pack that's included with the Magic Box?

If memory serves, I believe it is a 5100mAh battery.  It has that USB-A to barrel port cord on it.  You can remove it and replace it with USB-A to USB-Micro B/C cord to charge your devices.

@HELPeR_Sprint wrote:

Glad I could help, @bcarter5876!  Hey @Em_Will_I_Am, do you have any specs on the output, capacity, and connection type for the battery pack that's included with the Magic Box?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat