Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magic box is stuck connecting to Network

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Magic box is stuck connecting to Network

It’s been intermittent every since I got it at the beginning of the year. I’ve tried everything. Factory reset, normal reset, unplug replug. Nothing works. It constantly just hangs up on trying to connect to the sprint network. I now have troubles sending texts to non iPhone users.

Highlighted

Have you tried moving it around your home to other windows to find the best signal?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I have. I've used the sprint magic box app on my phone to locate the best position in my house to locate the magic box. In general the cell network to my house is 1 bar LTE at best. I unplugged the magic box all of yesterday and when I plugged it back in the screen gets hung up on the Setting Up screen with no further progress beyond that.

Could it be a faulty magic box or do I just have really bad cell service to my house that even with the magic box it can't connect?

Is there also a way to configure the magic box to connect to Sprint's cell network through wifi from my home internet? I've tried playing around with those configuration settings to try and get it to connect but have had no success.
Highlighted

Since the Magic Box is designed to assist with cellular service, it won't work with your WiFi. It could be one or the other, honestly; faulty or just bad signal inside. Let's look at the home for a moment. Are you in a house, or a building? How many stories? How much vegetation is close around the perimeter of the house?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

2 story house with not alot of vegetation located around the house with what I would consider a forest 5 miles away.

The magic box is on the second floor room window where the closest cell tower is to my house.
Highlighted

Just out of curiosity, is the tower on the same side as the forest, or the other direction?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The tower is between my house and the forest. The magic box app says the tower is 1.56miles away but yet I am not able to get the magic box to connect. Yesterday I had it plugged back in just to see what happens and it gets stuck on the setup bar at 20% progress without moving the entire night.
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

@fuxy32, please send us the nearest cross streets and ZIP code where you have this Magic Box. Do you also have an Airave at this location? Having both devices in the same primary location can cancel each other causing negatively impacts to your service.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Considering it took you almost a year to reply, I've switched to Verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i'm having the same issue. no one helps. it's really frustrating.
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hey @eliezersaez! Let's check what can be the problem. What troubleshooting have you tried? How long has this been going on? 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been trying to set it up since Friday. I have tried everything tech support has told me, and nothing. It's a really frustrating situation. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat