Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magic box is stuck connecting to Network

Go to solution
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Magic box is stuck connecting to Network

@eliezersaez, I just sent you a Private Message to see what we've tried already, and resolve this for you. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you ever get your Magic Box to work?

We are having a similar problem and "Support" has not been of any help.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@ Bob1313 - Have you tried rerunning the Set-up Wizard on the Sprint Magic Box to see if that helps?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wish. Even spoke to Sprint’s CTO, regarding the issue, and it’s been about 2 months now with no solution. Other Sprint employees blame me for “not living close enough to the tower” and never gave me an actual reason that made sense. Hoping TMO finally takes over and I can actually get service at home. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have done everything that the three people I "chatted" with at support told me to do. Mostly unplug wait five mnutes and try again. Stops at 39% of startup. Get "Unable to connect to network" message. Worked fine for a year or so. Has been unplugged since last evening. Will try to find battery and start over.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ours worked fine for about a year. Just quit yesterday. Now WFH makes it very important. 3G doesn't cut it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After having the Magic Box unplugged overnight, I set it back up using the Wizard, even using the battery pack that came with it. 

I did not change the location as there is only one window on the side of the house towards the closest tower.

Complete operation took a couple of hours, but at least it did not stall and quit at 39% of completion as before.

It now seems to be working, but at a much reduced speed. When we originally installed it about a year ago, download speed was around 45-46Mbps. Now we are lucky to see 30Mbps. No new construction/obstructions. Could this be caused by a shortfall in capacity with so many now WFH?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@ Bob1313 - Cannot say for sure but that's definitely a possibility. A lot of traffic in the area in that aspect of things. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

I had the original MagicBox and it had faster speeds. Even the upload was very fast. Since then, I've owned two different models and both seem to be throttled. The upload is definitely throttled and the up is not as fast as the original model. Good luck

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Are you still having issues with the model not moving as quickly as your last? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Network-and-Coverage/Magic-Box-problems/m-p/1078999/thread-id/6755

I posted last Tuesday my issues. MagicBox CS agent started a ticket about three days ago, but still I've not heard back.

I'm sure it's because if the July 4th holiday.

My issues started about three weeks ago now. Phones suddenly stopped connecting to MagicBox. Slow data now and occasionally disconnects from the tower.

Pics posted on my other message.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

You mentioned in a previous chat that you were advised to visit a Sprint repair store to have a technician check out the device. Did you visit the store? 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat