Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data failing to stay connected to internet

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Mobile Data failing to stay connected to internet

I have been experiencing data problems for a week and a half now, I have tried many things to fix them and I am at my wit's end getting something to stick. Here is a rundown:

Friday 11/3: I get my new Pixel 3 in the mail. It takes the entire weekend to get my hands on a sim card and get it activated on Sprint because of some mystery problem with the number, but I finally get it working after a long call with Support.

Monday 11/5: I get the Android 9 update.

Friday 11/9: Mobile Data suddenly starts dropping. Had absolutely no problems with mobile data prior to this day. It had always run smoothly everywhere, but no suddenly I can't connect to it at all. I try restarting my phone and that gets it working again, but not permanently.

Thursday 11/15: Finally fed up with being unable to find a solution online, I call Sprint Support. I am directed to do the following:

1) Turn off phone

2) Wait two minutes before turning the phone back on

3)Go to Carrior Settings and run Update Device Config

4)Turn off Wifi and check data speed

This seemed to fix the problem, so I hung up feeling that everything was fine again. However, when I got in my car later that day and it connected to my bluetooth, that suddenly started to skip.

Friday 11/16: Bluetooth is still skipping so I go into settings and do Reset Wifi, mobile and Bluetooth. That fixes the Bluetooth problem. Almost IMMEDIATELY my mobile data starts to drop again.

Sunday 11/18: I call Google Support. They give me two solutions:

1) Reset Wifi, mobile and Bluetooth again, then restart the phone. The mobile data seems to be working fine again after this.

2) Take out the sim card and wipe it clean with a microfiber cloth (like those for glasses). This also seems to help.

Mobile Data is running like normal again, so I hang up thinking that once again, maybe its fixed this time.

Today, 11/21: I wake up to see a notification that Network Settings were updated. When walking into work, no longer on my home wifi, I notice my connection is very slow. I restart my phone. It gets worse. I repeat the troubleshooting steps I'd been given before, first Resetting Wifi/Mobile/Bluetooth and then running Update Device Config. I restart after each step. Now my mobile data won't connect to the internet at all.

I need a real solution.  Sprint Chat seems to be unavailable and there is no way for me to call in right now. If anyone has any insight, please help.

Edit: I am located in Los Angeles, California

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I got a hold of Sprint Support again not long after this and determined it must be a phone issue. Google is sending me a replacement.

Thank you, just gonna have to stick to WiFfi for a few days

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Wow, I'm not sure what is happening with this phone and the data. I don't have any other tricks up my sleeve, but I can submit a tech ticket for you. Now the issue comes down to it's a holiday weekend and it can take a bit to get it submitted and worked. Please send me a private message with your phone number, email address, and an alternate phone number.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted

I got a hold of Sprint Support again not long after this and determined it must be a phone issue. Google is sending me a replacement.

Thank you, just gonna have to stick to WiFfi for a few days

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Oh, awesome. I mean not awesome that the phone has to be replaced, but awesome that you got somewhere with it. Let us know if we can help you in the future. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I too have a Pixel 3 and it failed to stay connected to mobile data while in Brazil.  A few things fixed it. 

Here are the steps:

Type *#*#72786#*#* into the dialer.

Erase network settings in system>reset options.

Enable WiFi calling.

Disable WiFi calling in the emergency contacts menu, not the WiFi calling toggle.

Update device config while connected to WiFi in carrier settings.

Turn off WiFi and put into airplane mode.

Turn off device and wait a minute.

Turn on device and turn off airplane mode and it should connect to mobile data.

Type *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer and a phone info menu pops up.

For outside USA, global auto prl kept the data on.  It's been on mobile data all day and it used to stay on for about a minute after each reboot before that or not at all.

Highlighted

Thanks for that, Dan! I'm sure this will be extremely helpful for other users traveling with a Pixel 3!

The last step is most important, maybe try that first.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat