cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More issues in 2 months than 23 years

Highlighted
Journeyman

More issues in 2 months than 23 years

I've had Sprint since 1997, part of that time in the midwest and part on the west coast. I've literally had more network problems in the last two months than I did in the previous 23 years combined. A couple of months ago I noticed a VoLTE icon show up in the menu bar on my Galaxy S8. This coincided with network changes due to the TMobile merger. Ever since then it's been constant dropped calls, roaming all over, complete loss of signal, restart after restart, etc, etc.

From my home office, where I've worked for years with few problems, I can no longer get a reliable signal. I tried the tech support route a month ago and got the basic troubleshooting responses. The phone worked enough to satisfy tech support but since then it's been having the same intermittent problems. I tried again today and opened a new case, reluctantly because I know every call is at least a 45 minute endeavor. But my phone had shown no signal for hours so I had to bite the bullet.

no signal.png

After the usual steps, signal bars showed back up. When I attempted a call later though it would not go through. I then tested inbound calls and those failed as well. So another call back to tech support and some more troubleshooting got it working again. This time we did a ##72786# reset on the phone.

So it's working now but who knows for how long. Signal strength is not impressive:

SmartSelect_20200825-154941_Network Cell Info Lite.jpg

I'm wondering if there is anything else I could possibly do on my end to improve this situation - different phone settings, etc? And of course, the phone has all updates installed.

49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted

Quick question, is you're device updated to the latest software?

Highlighted

Yes, of course. All of the basic troubleshooting has been done. In fact I just posted a screenshot a little while ago showing that the software is up to date.

Highlighted

Well in that case, I'll need to get you over to our Technical Team once more. Are you available to take a call now?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

dont remember if this was asked..but was this device purchased from Sprint or direct from Samsung?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I already have an open case that was supposedly being passed off to the engineering team.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

tossing this link in here as well seeing as how your device falls under the list of devices

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/Stuck-in-3G-Samsung-A11-Note-10-Note-10-Note-8-Note...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Thanks. That link refers to enabling VoLTE to resolve issues. One problem is, as of the last week or so, the VoLTE calls toggle switch is grayed out in Voice networks settings.

SmartSelect_20200901-113421_Wi-Fi Calling.jpg

I'm wondering if tech support made some change on the back end that disabled it.

Can any Sprint reps on this thread check the status of case# I1992750869? This was supposed to be getting escalated but I haven't heard back for 2 weeks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had nothing but issues with constant dropped calls and all around spotty service from both at home and at work. I have three lines, all with the same issue. I have two co-workers that are also having the same issue so I know it is a bigger issue. Sprint tried to send me a Magic box and a treble but they both had issues connecting to their tower.  Now they have sent me pebble. We will see if it connects and fixes the issue at home. However, I am paying for three cell phones that need to work everywhere. I hope Sprint/T-mobile fix this soon. In all the years of being a Sprint customer, I have never had this issue when it was only sprint. I do not need free stuff from T-mobile I need good service. I am giving them a few more month's then I'm going to look into AT&T or Verizon. I rather pay more, than have less expensive spotty service. 

Highlighted

sorry would have gotten back to you sooner but fires out in my area have a ton of people evacuated..didnt get a chance until today.

your device was purchased directly from Sprint or Samsung? and are any other Sprint specific apps missing or not working on your phone? your scenario might be a bit unique. could be two different problems. the one i posted above and the loss of VoLTE abilities.

Highlighted

Purchased at Best Buy 8/29/2017

Highlighted

as a Sprint variant or fully unlocked for any carrier variant?

Highlighted

Sprint variant. Not sure how relevant this is though. Again, everything was working fine for laterally 20+ years. It wasn't until the TMobile changes that things began to suck. There are clearly some backend technical problems happening here that engineers are dragging their feet on or simply ignoring altogether. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat