Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetStick 4G modem used with wireless router

Highlighted
Journeyman

NetStick 4G modem used with wireless router

Hello,

I tried to post in Device Solutions but could not figure out how to. I have a 4G NetStick that plugs in by USB. Works fine on my computer. I am wanting to connect it to a wireless router so I can use it on other devices that do not have a USB port like my phone(that is not on the Sprint network). 

I first tried a NetGear router and it would show a wireless network but no internet connection. 

I then went and found a wireless router that has a port specific for 3G/4G USB. The same thing happens. I plug in the NetStick and the internet light flashes for a second but then turns off. I can connect to the router but it has no internet. 

I have talked to 2 different Sprint Customer Service people. One has just tried to send me to the Sprint store 60 miles away and I lost connection with the other one that was helping me. 

Any ideas? 

I may just attempt to return this and try to find a wireless one?? 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Just for confirmation, you are trying to using the Netstick as a Hotspot, right? 

Highlighted

Yes

Highlighted

Can you access group messages over wifi or data? 

Highlighted

I'm not sure what you mean. This is just a hotspot usb plug and play. It is not a phone at all. I am using it now on my computer to be on here but when I plug it into my wireless router it has no internet access. Only flashes for a second on the wireless router that there is internet access. 

Highlighted

Disregard that last message, it was sent in error.Based on what I'm seeing here this device can't be used as a hotspot. We do have devices that does have that capability we can check out some options. 

Highlighted

That would be great to have a device that can do wireless. 

Highlighted

DM us, we can check out some options for you. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat