cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Issues?

Journeyman

Network Issues?

What the heck is going on with the network? I just upgraded to the Galaxy s10+; it worked awesome for a few days now for the last 3 days I can't meaningfully connect to the network.  Ability to use the data network is essentially non-existent.  I have practically zero ability to send receive text messages; use internet or receive/send calls.  Most of the time I get a weak roaming signal in the same spots I have gotten a strong 4g signal for years.  Every now and again I seem to connect to the 4g network but its fleeting at best.  I am located in Southern California.  I have done all the conventional resets and would appear to have the most current software.  Nothing helps.  Whats the story?  

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Network Issues?

Hi There,

It seems that you've done all the trouble shooting and profile updates. I'm going to send you a private message and gather some more info. 

Journeyman

I'm in Northern California and have the same issues with my new S10. My S9 was strong everywhere. I have yet to get a 4G signal.  I'm roaming in places I've never had to roam before. I've updated PRL, re-registered my network, etc.

From what I'm reading online it's the phone...not the network.

Hi bobzinger. This has been addressed in the following thread. There is a forthcoming update to fix this issue. 

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/SOLUTION-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-Roaming-or-...

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I also paid $1000 for this supposedly great phone.  An unlocked phone!   Galaxy S10+.  It worked great for about 5 days and now it will not connect to the network, no messaging, no data, no voice, no phone service in or out!!!  On phone with Sprint tech for over two hours to try to fix.  NADA.  He says he will have to put in a "work ticket".  ON A NEW PHONE???  He says it is a "Samsung/Sprint problem".....  Everything I've read here validates exactly what I'm experiencing.  I brought phone to Sprint "corporate" store in Denver and a rep there told me the phone was defective!   I brought to a Target IT rep I know in town and he said it looks like it is indeed defective phone.  So now what????   This is crazy!

Wizard

I hear ya Joan2e. Here's a smidge of info on the S10 issue that has been going on. SOLUTION: Samsung Galaxy S10 - Roaming or Poor Data

I sent you a PM to gather a smidge of info, so I can check into this for ya. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Are you guys aware that this is occuring with the S9 also???

Wizard

Hmmm. I've seen a couple case britneytaylor21. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I am having the same issue with my S9. Sending messages is so frustrating after 2 months I finally contact sprint and they did a PRL update from there end, nothing! I can't get group messages without it taking half an hour to download, I have several numbers that are not blocked it won't send a message to and I've had to resort to WhatsApp. No one can tell me what the issue is, tried clearing cache, resetting the app, soft reset and I will not do a factory reset based on the people saying it doesn't work and I have lost data even with a back up doing this in the past. I'm so incredibly frustrated. 

Wizard

Howdy Knhmommy. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. It sounds like the basic trouble shooting hasn't been too helpful. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

I don't know what Sprint did but my S10 is now getting great call, text, and digital service.  Thanks.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat