Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network/data/connection problems

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Network/data/connection problems

Got new Samsung S9 1 week ago. Have had network problems. Always gives me "error connection reset" or "slow network connection" messages when trying to get online. 

Didn't have any problems with S7. 

Sprint store only replaced the sims card.

I live remote outside of Austin area. Last phone was pinging off tower in Houston. New phone i itally was pinging off Dallas, now Im off Lubbock.

What do I do? I have reset by using power and volume down button, all PRL and software is up to date. I've even turned the airplane mode off n on as suggested in other posts. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Good morning. The only thing I can suggest is to go to a Sprint repair store. Let them know about the APN settings being different and see if they can change it for you. That seems to be the reason you're having this issue.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

Hmm, that's weird considering you just got the phone. Lets do some more troubleshooting.

Please try the following:

**Reset Network Settings: Dial ##72786#.

**Update Data Profile: settings > scroll to and tap system updates > tap update profile > tap OK

**Power the phone off and then back on.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!

Done, done, and done...done, done and redone. Did I mention I went to the Sprint store so they could do the same thing? Or I can pay (since I have the protection plan) to have the phone replaced and take it to a different store.

I have done one troubleshooting thing, and don't understand what the deal is!

Did I mention I have had the S9 for 7 days? 

Highlighted

no...you did not mention any of this.

before you get to the actual store..does your signal improve or stay the same?

post your zip code and closest cross streets so the agent has a starting point to look at tower wise.

@jjbusi wrote:

Done, done, and done...done, done and redone. Did I mention I went to the Sprint store so they could do the same thing?

Did I mention I have had the S9 for 7 days? 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Good morning. I'd like to check the coverage in your area. I want to get to the bottom of this. I'm sending you a PM now.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Highlighted

Will send info by PM, but I can't go without a phone service anymore. I've taken screenshots but can't really send them without data or a network.

I can't go without a phone. Just don't have a lot of faith in the people in the stores.

I have done research, and spoken with tech support on the phone, through chat and nothing has changed. 😞

My time is much more precious than spending time on this for the last week and several full days doing research to try to find the problem. Think it is just a bad phone. 

Highlighted

Samsung did some resets. 

I reviewed settings from my 2nd cell phone and my boyfriend's phone  and my old phone. 

I need to change the APN to match all the others. Any suggestions on how I can get this to match the other phones not having problems?

Highlighted

Hey. You're boyfriends on the same account correct? Then, you're saying that his APN settings is completely different than yours and due to this you're having issues with your data?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Highlighted

No, he is on his own. I have a second Sprint phone # on my account and it is the same as his, and the same is on my old phone. 

The new phone has a a different apn selected. It is greyed out so I cannot change it.

Highlighted

Good morning. The only thing I can suggest is to go to a Sprint repair store. Let them know about the APN settings being different and see if they can change it for you. That seems to be the reason you're having this issue.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat