cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network/data/connection problems

Journeyman

Network/data/connection problems

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6.  For the past three weeks, I have been having problems with the mobile data connection in a specific area that I spend a lot of time in.  My phone shows a full signal with LTE.  I can make calls and texts fine but the data connection stops working after a few minutes.  When I restart my phone, the data will work for a few more minutes but then stops again.  I don't have this issue when using mobile data at home or anywhere else that I can't use wifi.

I have tried the following to troubleshoot

• updating my profile under system updates,
  • using ##72786# to reactivate the service on my phone,
  • removing and reinserting the SIM card,
  • resetting network settings
  • changing the network mode to LTE/CDMA, CDMA, and automatic 
  • chatting with Sprint customer service who were not very helpful
  • reporting the service area issue on the sprint website

The area is near the intersection of Okemos Road and I-96 in Okemos, MI.  Zip code is 48864.

Can someone check the towers in this area to see if there were any changes there recently and help figure out the issue in this area?

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Network/data/connection problems

Sounds like you have tried a lot. I have checked the towers in this area, and all is running well. Although the intersection you provided shows that the data coverage for this area might be spotty. This could be why. 

Journeyman

Thanks for checking, @Katey88_Sprint

Do you or anyone else have any idea of things I can check/try to help figure out what is going on? 

It sounds like you've done everything that is normally done for basic troubleshooting. I would like to ask about the surroundings of that intersection. Are there tall buildings there or a lot of foliage?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The terrain is mostly flat.  The tallest building around is  a 10 story hotel.  There is a wooded area nearby but I have issues away from those areas.

This issue started about 3-4 weeks ago.  Prior to that time, I haven't had any significant issues.  Have there been any work on the towers in this area around that time?

In other threads about similar issues I see mention of having sprint getting their service/account refreshed.  Is this an option?

I'm happy to check on the towers that you use the most. Please send me a private message with your phone number.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I did some more troubleshooting steps since my data still was not working today in this area.  

I noticed that I was being connected to band 41 so I disabled it and rebooted my phone.  Afterwards it seems my data was working again.

So there appears to be a problem with band 41 in this area.  How can we get a ticket for this issue or determine if there is ongoing maintenance affecting this band in this area?

On another matter I noticed that band 41 is 3rd on my band priority list but it always seems to be the first band I connect to.  Why would that be the case?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat