cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Sprint, why is everything so slow!?

Journeyman

New to Sprint, why is everything so slow!?

Hello!

I live in Houston, TX and I just ordered Sprint Kickstart v2 with a pre-owned iPhone 8 purchased from Sprint.com. As part of the activation of my phone, it was updated to iOS 12.1.2. (Warning to anyone who wants to buy Sprint pre-owned, don't. Phone is rough with many deep scratches and battery life is only 5% away from Apples battery replacement threshold.)

Why are the data speeds SO slow? Using the speedtest.net app, I get less than 1 megabit at my office and at home. On my drive into work, I could hardly stream music on Spotify. I switched from ATT where I got 65 megabit at work and about 40 at home. There has been a bit of shock with the 1/65th speed provided by sprint.

Is there something wrong or should I rush into the Sprint retail store to return everything and avoid the non-refundable activation fee? Very dissatisfied with the device and service provided by this bad choice.

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: New to Sprint, why is everything so slow!?

Have you tried refreshing the data profile on the phone? You can do so using the steps below. We can also take a look at the coverage in your area to see what is going on. I'll need the city, state, and cross streets of an area to check on.

1. Tap Phone icon.
  2. Tap Key Pad if necessary.
  3. Enter ##873283# then tap Call icon.
  4. When Starting Service Update appears, tap OK.
  5. When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK.
    • The radio will reset.
    • When Sprint displays in the top left corner, the iPhone update has completed

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I've done that twice since last night Smiley Sad
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Could I get some cross streets for where you're at in Houston? If you don't feel comfortable putting that here in public, you can shoot me a PM with that info and I'll take a look at our towers in the area for you. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat