cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

Highlighted
Journeyman

No Service

For over a week battling support, have about 15 hours invested. phones suddenly started roaming or at 1x and our magic box suddenly stopped connecting. Support has reset phones and magic box, updated prl's all to no avail. When I try to quiz as to why this is happening all I get told is network is fine and then get shipped off to next Rep where they want the same info I have given a million times. Tonight I asked to speak to a supervisior about the issue which was ignored. Tomorrow I will be finding Sprints relacement.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: No Service

Hi! Losing you as a customer is not what we want. Allow me to help figure out what's causing this. Is this happening in just one or multiple locations? Send me your nearest cross streets and ZIP code in a private message. I know you've been told there's nothing wrong with the area already, but I'd like to verify. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

My cross streets are washburn rd and sanilac rd zip 48768. I was able to get my hands on a cell signal finder to try and locate service tower and when I finally do get LTE it is coming off a tower a 1/2 mile from me across a wide open field. Same tower I get my home internet from I am really puzzled now as to why service sucks. Signal strength is very poor. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just signed up with T-Mobile. Will be nice to have service again. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had this exact same problem over the weekend. Sprint was apparently supposed to send out a text message to people who would be effected but no one ever got it.

What is happening is due to Sprint Merger with T-Mobile. Some Sprint towers are going offline completely while others towers are having the radio heads (the actual radio at the cell site) swapped out to T-Mobile's. Some sites are leaving band 41 up for now (what magic box uses), other sites are completely killing band 41 which will render Magic Boxes useless. With the eventual plans to do away with Magic Boxes completely. Sending everyone a prepaid shipping label to mail them back. T-Mobile has a device similar to an Airave which uses your internet for the backhaul and not cell like Sprint's Magic Box, which doesn't help anyone who doesn't have quality internet along with extra bandwidth to spare at their location.

Cell phones are being updated to use T-mobile towers along with the re branded Sprint towers. If you can access your phones debug mode you will see your phone will start connecting to band 66 and others that T-Mobile uses. 

Unfortunately as with most anything Sprint has ever attempted in the past this has not gone smoothly, causing people to go without cell service or extremely limited service for days on end. PRL & network updates to your phone are not in sync with the tower switch over which causes these problems.

Further complicating things is the local subcontractors are switching the sub towers over, then switching the primary towers over. So if there are multiple sub towers in your area they switch them all out first essentially taking them off line until the primary towers which feed them are switched over. At which time service will resume and you will now be on T-Mobiles network and no longer Sprint providing there are no hiccups in the process.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Seeing that you are also having issues with your service we would love to help get this looked into and fixed. DM us! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exact same thing here. 90% of the time my phone gets 0.0 zero signal strength. All except I have been a fool and then putting up with it for the last few months. But after the last few days of having no signal at all. Tomorrow morning I'm canceling my Sprint contract and never doing anything with them again
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey. Has this always been happening? We know the importance of having good connection, but losing you is not what we want. Allow me to check it out. Does this happen in one or multiple locations?  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes this happens Everywhere I Go. And as soon as I've gotten the phone it's always had this problem. I've called and texted the Sprint support team tons of times and have gotten no results. I have switched out my SIM card three or four times. Have done every single reset you could possibly do on a cell phone and still nothing. So they're saying something is wrong with the phone. And of course I got the LG G8. Which means you can't replace anything on it and you have to buy a whole new phone. So today canceling my Sprint contract buying this crap phone and then just throwing it away. I can't believe I wasted so much money and time on it as I have
Highlighted
Journeyman

Screenshot_20200705-115249.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screenshot_20200705-121054.png

 the first three are download rates on Wi-Fi. And all the rest are as soon as I step away from a Wi-Fi connection. Not a slow connection! 0.0 connection

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

We'd hate to see you leave. Send us a private message so that we can further assist. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat