cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception and no data!!!

Journeyman

No reception and no data!!!

I've been having issues for 8 weeks now no reception,dropped calls,can't send text messages cant even get on Google the internet connection times out and now my sister that's on my plan is saying the same thing she has to keep walking around the house to not lose the call and even then it's still 50 50, she goes to school and called me for a ride and it wouldn't go through really disappointed what's going on sprint and dont tell me the tower again I've been hearing that for 8 weeks and she did all the troubleshooting that sprint told me to do and still nothing I pay a lot of money for a non reliable service what if it was a emergency you guys are quick to take money but not quick to fix the problem is there anyone else with this similar situation so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!

38 REPLIES 38
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: No reception and no data!!!

@Sapo23, 8 weeks does seem like a long time for a tower to be down or affected. It can happen depending on what was wrong with the tower. Are you experiencing the issues anywhere other than at home?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Same problem all over Chicago for past 2 month or more. Service either does not work or extremely slow. Constantly needing to perform a Service Update ##238237# and/or Reset Subscriber Settings ##23527# to get my phone functional.

Service used to be good in Chicago. What changed? Over subscribed network? Recent infrastructure failures? Infrastructure upgrades gone wrong?

Sprint Network in Chicago now absolutely terrible.

Highlighted

I hear ya kgolland. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. May I have a couple cross streets, and the zip so I can check the area? Do you know if there are any other Sprint uses having the same issues? Is this happening in 1 location or multiple? What type of phone do you have? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I too have connection issues with my Sprint iPhone X in downtown Chicago and sometimes near my home in Cary, IL. Zip codes include 60601 and 60013. My connection issues have been occurring for about 2-months and it is annoying & frustrating.

Thank you for any guidance to fix the problem(s)!

James

Thanks for the info Chicago23. Give me a few mins to look into those areas. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

Thanks for your patience. After looking into these areas, I see that coverage should be good. So I looked into the towers, and there are a few in the zip code 60601 that have open service alerts, and there is 1 in zip code 60013 with an open service alert as well. Our tower teams have been notified and deployed.

Resetting the network setting can help. To complete this on your phone, please follow the steps below: 

1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap General.
3. Scroll up and tap Reset.
4. Change to Reset Network Setting

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Many apologies for the late reply. I have the iPhone XS Max. My wife and daughter are having similar issues and they both have the iPhone XR. I mainly use my phone in the West Loop/West Town, Ashland & Fulton 60612 or in the South Loop, 14th and Michigan Ave 60616. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Thanks for sending us that info along. I took a look in both areas and can see a few different towers down stretched between both locations you shared. This would explain some of the issues you are running into and having to re-sync with the network and other working towers by running through PRL and Network Settings updates. We do have open network tickets for each of these towers that are being actively worked. However, while those towers are either out for maintenance or until they are taken offline completely, it could continue to cause issues. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Thank you for the information. Is there any way that I could know for sure if I am connected to a problematic tower? Or simply not being able to browse the web, use apps that consumer data is likely an indicator?

If you're moving around an area with the downed towers and your connection is dipping and disappearing it's likely due to the issue with the towers. Once you reset the PRL (by dialing ##873283# on XS Max and XR) and the Network Settings (dial ##UPDATE# on the XS Max and ##25327# on the XR) that should stabilize things. However, if your signal is randomly dropping when you're in the same place where you've been having a strong signal, that would be an indication that something else is going on.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Hey James! Just checking in to see if you've had any luck with the steps that Cat provided earlier in the week.  

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat