cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after switching

Journeyman

Re: No service after switching

I got 2 SIM cards for an iPhone X and an iPhone 8 Plus, both ported over from Comcast (Verizon network). I was able to complete the port, and data is now working, however it is horribly spotty in Sacramento, California. I am showing 1x in many neighborhoods, LTE sometimes, 3G sometimes.

What zip code(s) are you having issues in?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
Journeyman

95818, 9589, 95820

I'm not seeing any reported issues there. Service looks like it should be good as well. Please try doing a PRL update.

Journeyman

Yes, I should have mentioned that I tried the PRL update. It helped me get from 1x to LTE, but then fell back to 1x after a few blocks of driving.

Have your phones worked at all since being on the network?

GrandMaster

my usual jaunts through Sac i have pretty solid LTE the whole time..there are however quite a few places its lacking..but if you spot the tower itself and what is in between said tower and you you'll understand why in some of the cases you barely have a signal.

might have been asked but is this happening to both devices or just the X?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Thanks for the input @fireguy_6364.

GrandMaster

*shrug*

im in Sac a couple times a month usually...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

PM me your phone number.  Your iPhone policy may still have Comcast policies and it still thinks it's a Comcast phone.

@philaltstatt wrote:

Yes, I should have mentioned that I tried the PRL update. It helped me get from 1x to LTE, but then fell back to 1x after a few blocks of driving.

Hey philaltstatt - let's take a closer look at the device itself. I'm going to shoot you a PM so I can get a little more info in order to check a few things behind the scenes. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat