cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after switching

Journeyman

No service after switching

I used the 1-year free BYOD deal. I was able to activate my iPhone 6s (Model A1688), and the Sprint signal bar and LTE appears for about 10 seconds, and then goes into No Service. I can activate WiFi calling but calls drop after a few seconds.

I have tried resetting my network settings, factory resetting my iPhone, updating my iOS, and the ## dial commands.

Can anybody help me with this please?

34 REPLIES 34
Wizard

Re: No service after switching

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention @jumpel,

Let us take a closer look at your case. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message shortly.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having a similar issue.

Last week I moved to Sprint from H2O Wireless to take advantage of 1 year free promotion (regretting this decision).

I brought my own device (iPhone 6) to Sprint and had confirmed before moving that phone is compatible with Sprint.
Since moving to Sprint, I have not been able to use cellular data at all. When I try to access internet, I get an error saying you are not subscribed to Cellular Data service. Have called Sprint customer service everyday in the last week to get this issue resolved. But nothing is resolved yet. Every time I have called, I am asked to follow same troubleshooting steps and ultimately a ticket has been opened to looked into by tech support. The ticket ultimately gets closed without the issue being resolved. I went to Sprint corporate stores and they would not even touch the phone. They would directly say that this is under promotion so we cannot do anything in the store, it is online only and you have to talk to customer service. As per Sprint, this could be due to issues with my phone so I even went to Apple store and they ran some diagnostics and found no issues. There would be no issues because just week back before moving to Sprint, I never had this issue, but I still did it because Sprint wanted me to check it. Customer service over the phone have tried but they have been unsuccessful. Customer service in Sprint store is the worst. They were rude, lacked compassion and were not willing to help at all !!!

So long story short, its been 8 days into Sprint and I am still without internet.

Any help at this point would be appreciated. Or the last resort would be to switch back to my old carrier.

Journeyman

Hi @sprintcomm25, we'd like to take a look into this issue for you. I will send you a private message for further assistance.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have exactly the same issue. Switched to Sprint on Friday with my iPhone 6 and got no data access; the phone and text work. Talked with several agents online for hours on Friday night, trying all possible solutions. 

One agent from the advanced technical support team, Jean, took my email address and promised to follow up. According to her, this is a networking issue of Sprint rather than the device. So far there is no good news yet.

Not sure how long I should wait in my case. This is clearly not fun. It seems that Sprint is not ready to accommodate a larger user base.

Sprint Social Care

Hello David9, thanks for contacting us! You mentioned that you recently switched to Sprint with a previous owned phone, please know that unlocking a device to use it with another carrier may enable some functionality of the device but not all (example: an unlocked device may support voice services but data services may not work or may be limited when activated on the Sprint network).

In all cases, I would like to make sure that the activation process on your device was properly completed, please reply to my Private Message at your earliest convenience.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So, in my case, is there a hope to get data access?

Sprint Social Care

Yes David9, that's the same reason why I would like to confirm the activation, including the SIM card activation was properly completed or if a SIM card replacement is needed.

Please reply to my Private Message with the information requested as soon as you have an opportunity.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Please let me know what is the procedure to check.

Sprint Social Care

I would need to access your account. Please reply to my Private Message with the information requested, so that I can proceed and take a closer look into this.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Are we communicating privately now?

Not quite. Go to the top of the page here in the thread, you'll see a bell and next to it a little envelope with a red notification, showing your unread private messages. Click it to go to your inbox.

If you click on your profile picture, you'll also see your unread messages when the menu options come up.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat