cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after switching

Journeyman

Re: No service after switching

I am having a similar issue. No service after switching. Getting messages that my 'iPhone is not Activated' .

Wizard

Hmm, that's odd. I'd like to take a look into this. I'm going to send you a private message.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I’ve been having the same issue. I have an unlocked iPhone SE which I bought in Canada. Switched services to Sprint a couple days ago when I moved to the US. and I’ve connected with multiple agents yet received no solution. All have claimed to be “troubleshooting” and have asked me to do these steps: 

Please follow these steps:

1. From the home screen, tap Phone.
  2. On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the call button.
  3. Tap OK. The handset will search for profile updates and install them.
  4. Tap OK.
  5. The profile is now updated.

These steps have never worked. I have tried resetting network settings, re-inserted my SIM card, updating my device, still nothing. My SIM reader is fine since my old sim card had the AT&T service work perfectly fine. Can someone please help me solve this, it seems to be a common issue with the iPhone 6/SE. I am close to switching services... I would just like a solution.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hey there. Since your phone was purchased internationally your phone will not operate on the Sprint network. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

So what are my possible solutions?

Can you send me the MEID of your phone? I can see if it's eligible to trade in or buyback so you can get a new device.

Journeyman roy
Journeyman

Did anyone else get their issue resolved successfully?? I just tried BYOD switching yesterday with my iPhone 7plus and I'm having the exact same issues. My service was absolutely fine until I tried activating the Sprint service with the Sprint SIM card. Online or in the Sprint store can't can't me. I've spent hours and hours with 10 different techs .This is an absolute nightmare with no solution in sight. 

Hey Roy! Can you send us a Private message with the following info?

Phone # you're trying to activate that iPhone 7 on

PIN/Security Question answer for the account

IMEI of that iPhone 7

UICCID for the SIM card. 

I am extremely upset as I am sure you can tell by the subject line. On 8/22/2019 I left Sprint to go to Verizon.  I could no longer take my bill mysteriously increasing with no explanation.  I moved 3 lines.  Two of the lines were ported with no problems.   My line, the main line was not.  After calling and speaking to several representatives I was told, in a not to pleasant way, that I have to wait 24 to 48 hours.  I was told by the supervisor (who I had to ask to speak to) Bryan that although I own my phone outright I should have called and told them I was leaving.  Since when do I have to do that?  No one called to tell me that my bill would be more this month then last month or the month before.  So far I STILL without a phone.  When I cut my phone on it tells me to call Sprint.  This, however, is useless as Sprint is of absolutely no help.  I called for credit from my final bill since I am without a phone.  I got nothing.  That is what it has been since I started with Sprint.  I get barely service and zero assistance with customer service.  I will admit that prior to yesterday the customer service reps where nice but that supervisor, Bryan, NOT SO MUCH.  What will it take for me to be able to have service on MY phone that I OWN?  No one seems to be able to help me.  

@Ms_SocialWorker, has Verizon stated any issues that they can see, that's stopping the port? As in, do we need to unlock the phone?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I am having this problem, activated my SIM. For a moment I could see Sprint LTE, now I just get No Service. Cannot make a call or use data

I need to clarify this a little more. Did you get a new SIM card for your phone or added a phone to a Sprint account?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat