cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

`Not registered on network` error after unlocking phone

Journeyman

`Not registered on network` error after unlocking phone

Hi all!

I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy s8 (G950U) that has been unlocked by Sprint. When I try to use non-Sprint SIMs to make a call in the USA, I get the error `Not registered on network`. 

The reason I asked for my phone to be unlocked was that I moved back to Europe (Hungary) and I wanted to keep my phone. The weird thing is that as soon as I got off my plane in Hungary, the phone connected to my (Hungarian) carrier's network and is currently working perfectly. However, I need my phone to work in all of Europe as well as the US. What could be the issue here? Is it possible that Spring only unlocked my phone for use in Hungary? Would flashing stock firmware fix this?

I have looked online for solutions to `Not registered on network` but none of them worked. Since now I'm in Hungary I can't really troubleshoot as the phone works here, but I need this resolved. 

Thank you! 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: `Not registered on network` error after unlocking phone

Hi there! What US networks are you attempting to use the phone with? I can also check to make sure the phone has been unlocked for domestic US SIM use on networks besides Sprint.  

Thanks for replying! In the US I didn't try other US carriers only my Hungarian T-Mobile SIM which did not work. Additionally, I also tried using my Hungarian SIM in other European countries such as Spain, Austria and Switzerland and it didn't work. 

So I guess theoretically other US carrier's SIMs might've worked while I was in the US, but ultimately I want to be able to use any SIM in any country. What info do you need to check which networks it was unlocked for? 

We would have just performed a general international unlock. This might have something to do with the carriers in these countries and the fact that you just have a Hungarian SIM. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I've used this exact SIM with other unlocked phones and I never had a problem in any country so it's not an issue with the SIM. How would I go about finding out whether Sprint has network restrictions on my phone? 

Hi GPatrik! Will you please send me a private message so that I can get a bit more info from you in order to look into this phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat