Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlock

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone unlock

Well, i am quite upset. Was told by multiple agents that to get my phone unlocked, all i had to do was payoff the phone and i could get it unlocked. After dropping, $815, im told it cannot be unlocked because i havent had the phone for 50 days. Since i was misinformed, a supervisor or someone in charge needs to overide that requirement. I still want to keep the phone on that line and Just want the phone that i paid a lot of money for, and i own, unlocked. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

17yrs with Sprint, gave them a lot of money, and endured a crappy network in the past and this is how i am repaid?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi! I'm sorry if you were misinformed about the unlocking requirements. Given the situation, I'd also be upset. However, the device is required to be active on our network for 40 or more days. Please review our Unlocking Policy here; http://sprint.co/2HF8FlH . I'll also send you a private message for some more information to look into it. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Talked to two different agents and have been told i have no choice but to wait 40 days to unlock a phone that i own and paid a lot of money for because the system wont let them change it. Never have i heard that someone in charge couldnt override the system. Was offered a refund. Dont want a refund, i want my phone that i own unlocked like i was told would happen by a sprint rep. Wanted to switch just 1 out of 4 lines to a magenta plan, but after seeing how the tmobile/sprint "family" does business, i will be taking my business to Verizon.

Highlighted

17yrs with Sprint, gave them a lot of money, and endured a crappy network in the past and this is how i am repaid?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok so after being told that the phone could be unlocked by an agent, was told by retentions that i have to wait the 40 days.....again.  Will take all 4 of my lines to Verizon. Fed up.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat