cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 4 Keep losing data service

Journeyman

Pixel 4 Keep losing data service

I just got 2 pixel 4s and 2 pixel 4xls and all 4 of them keep losing data. LTE switches to no data to 3G to no data again back to LTE and this happens regularly to all 4 phones. It is very frustrating. I lived on the same area and had Sprint 3 years ago and never had these problems. I had Verizon for the past year and never had these problems. I am really sorry I switched and am regretting it. Anyone know what is going on?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Makeitbetter

Hey! Before going any further, will need to know if it is occurring in one or multiple locations, if you are aware of any other Sprint customers with a different device model that are experiencing the same issues. If you have performed any troubleshooting to the phone. Confirm the nearest cross streets and ZIP code where the issue is happening frequently so we can go from there. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

It happens everywhere. Every day I drive the saw mill and Henry Hudson from my home in Yonkers 10703 to my job in NYC. I used to listen to news on my Alexa apps on the way when I had Verizon. Now I can't do that because I lose data every 5 minutes and it cuts off. My wife, daughter and son have completely different commutes, but the same experience. All day data cuts in and off switching from LTE to no data to 3G to no data back to LTE again. It happens while I am driving and even walking down a hall. The only time my data is stable is when I am on Wi-Fi.

Highlighted

Got it. I checked the area and there's not reported service outages for the moment, that can cause issues with the LTE. I was looking into this issue to see if it has occurred to any other customer and look what I found here It seems that this customer was able to have the issue resolved with a software update. Can you please double check? It says the Pixel 4 XL but the difference is, that one is bigger than the other one. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I had seen that, but there are no updates available for the phones. We received one a few days after getting them, but now there are none available.

Highlighted

Okay, let me know when you activated the phones, if you do not remember the date, the month will help, and the software version the device actually has. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

They were activated on November 1st. Android 10 with the November 5th security patch. Oddly, unlike the person from the post you mentioned earlier, it seems like it is worse since the security patch. The difference since the patch is now web browsing freezes sometimes even on Wi-Fi. Before the page on WiFi pages loaded fast and smooth. Now they are slow and jumpy. On mobile data, apps like Facebook keep saying they have no internet. I tried to use my parking meter app that I always use and it couldn't connect to data, so it wouldn't launch. 

Highlighted

We'd like to try some basic troubleshooting steps but first, we would like to know what you have already tried. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Restarting the phone. Updating the PRL. Updating the carrier config. Switching from Global (which is what the phone came set to) to LTE, which has preferred next to it. That seemed to make it worse, so I switched that back. And checking to see if there were any other system updates.

Highlighted

Let's take a look at your lines. Please send me a private message to further assist you. Click on my name and you'll see the option. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat