cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal inside my house

Highlighted
Journeyman

Poor signal inside my house

Over the years I've always had ok signal strength inside houses. But recently since I've moved, in the same city, poor signal in my new house. I only get 2 bars at most 3 bars most of the time. What can be done to improve the signal strength? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
GrandMaster

start with your zip code and closest cross streets so the agents can see where you are roughly compared to the closest tower..from there it can either be an issue with said tower OR you are to far away/its being blocked by something..if its the second of those two then there are a couple options..airave for voice possibly...a magic box for data possibly if you qualify...or you can use wifi calling more than likely if you have wifi and have a device that can use it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Yes, one agent sent me private messages. 

My zip code is 94513 and cross streets Shady Willow Ln and Amber Ln. 

He mentioned that there was an issue with a tower in this area but couldn't give a timeline on when it would be fixed.

He did not mention the two options of using airave or magic box. I am having data issues and not sure what it takes to qualify.  

Highlighted

normally they go off your physical location (dont post it in here..private message that to an agent when they request it). depending on that current problem tower you might not qualify if its pretty close and you would normally have good/great coverage there if it werent for the tower issue.

no wifi at home?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Yeah, the site directly north of you is down.  We were waiting on parts, which we got, BUT...in typical we are waiting on the city to approve the street closure so we can get a tower crew in there to install said parts.  Once the city approve the permit for a street closure, the tower crew will hit the site get it going.  That's why we cannot provide an exact date.  Weird, I always see the street closure permit in California.  Especially in the well to do neighborhoods.

@WJONESJR0515 wrote:

Yes, one agent sent me private messages. 

My zip code is 94513 and cross streets Shady Willow Ln and Amber Ln. 

He mentioned that there was an issue with a tower in this area but couldn't give a timeline on when it would be fixed.

He did not mention the two options of using airave or magic box. I am having data issues and not sure what it takes to qualify.  

Highlighted

Thanks for the update.  Since there are no timelines when the work will be done,  what can Sprint do for my lack of signal in my home in the meantime?

What are these airave and magic box? and how do you qualify?

Highlighted

the airave would connect to your home wifi and covers voice and 3G data only...the magicbox picks up LTE from the tower and tries to boost it without using your home net...it does not cover voice.

an agent would have to see if your location qualifies for either.

as for credits usually they wont deal with those until after the issue has been resolved.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat