cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Doesn't Work & Other Sprint Oddities

Journeyman

Roaming Doesn't Work & Other Sprint Oddities

The Sprint tower in my area was removed about ten or so years ago. For a very brief of time my phone connected to other towers via roaming. Then it suddenly stopped and never worked again. Then out of the blue last week it did so for 24hrs. Then went back to not doing so. It's not my phone. My phone's fine. (The Text Book Answer from Sprint is always, "It's probably your phone" so I stopped calling about it years ago.

After 7 months of dealing with Customer Service on the phone for hours telling me it was my building, my phone, the way the sun was shining, the color shirt I was wearing (you get my point) I went into a store and a very kind clerk there told me, "Yes...It looks like they removed the tower about 7 months ago it it's not scheduled to be repaired that I can see here."

So the purpose of this posting is to ask others, have you had this "inability to roam" issue even though your phone is to set roam?

Thanks for any thoughts you can share.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Roaming Doesn't Work & Other Sprint Oddities

Two typos. (Apologies.)

1. For a very brief period of time my phone connected to other towers via roaming.

2. So the purpose of this posting is to ask others, have you had this "inability to roam" issue even though your phone is definitely set to do so?

GrandMaster

couple possibilities..you might be hitting your limits when it comes to roaming..its not fully unlimited...OR there is an issue with whatever tower you would be roaming off of for whatever other carrier that is..which would not be on Sprint..they can however try to contact them to see if there are any issues with the roaming side of their towers for you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for the answer! Unfortunately it appears to be taken from the same textbook of replies Sprint usually uses! (No insult intended.) My phones worked fine before the tower was taken down and I don't use anywhere near the amount of data you're talking about. But thanks so much for trying to provide an answer!

GrandMaster

same textbook replies because its not rocket science. it usually ends up being one of three things..device, network/tower or something amiss with your line. since roaming permissions come from whichever carriers tower you are trying to connect to and not Sprint they will need to contact them in order to see if permissions have changed or what exactly happened.

how much roaming data would you say you use in one billing cycle?

i'll see if i can get an agent to pop in and double check.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

to late to edit..but there was supposed to be a "lol" after "same textbook replies because its not rocket science."

same textbook replies because its not rocket science lol.

Community Manager

@Hwood96  PM me your phone number and address and I will check the area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"the way the sun was shining, the color shirt I was wearing"
oh man you got me there, sounds about right.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat