cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming at home and when not poor lte service

Journeyman

Roaming at home and when not poor lte service

I recently upgraded to Samsung's s9 plus till then had great signal.almost full bars but now unless in wifi I will get maybe 2 bars .if lucky or I'm roaming 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Roaming at home and when not poor lte service

Sweet phone! It's actually on my Christmas list. I get what you're saying, I live in the sticks, and getting service is  a struggle. There could be many thing things affecting signal. Manmade structures, like buildings and billboards. Natural such as mountains, bodies of water, and trees. Personally I get fairly good signal at my home on cloudy days in the dead of winter. The clouds bounce the signal back down and there is no leaves on the trees to block it. But from what I'm understanding you had good service prior to upgrading. There is a possibility that resetting the network might help. This refreshes the phones connection to the towers around you.

To refresh the network on this phone dial ##72786#.

I can also look at the coverage and towers in your area. Going to need a couple cross streets and the zip code for your area, so I can dig into this a little more.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I am having some of the same issues as above on my galaxy s8 in the Auburn. AL area.  Something has changed with the sprint network in the past few weeks as I am now roaming in places I never do,  especially at work and at home.  While in the same location,  I have watched my phone go from 2 bars off LTE service to roaming and back.  I have tried, multiple times, updating the PRL and profile on my device with no improvements to the service.  Help!

Wizard

I love my S8. Since you've done the troubleshooting I think its time to look at coverage. I'll send you a private message so I can get your location. See ya there.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I'm having the same issues iveI been having them for like 6 months and no one's been able to help its getting so bad I have to update my prl like 15 times a day just to keep my phone working I'm seriously debating on switching carriers all they do is give me the run around I've spent like 7 hrs of my life trying to find a solution and nothing they have horrible customer service but what can we do 

Wizard

Let's see what's going on. I'm going to send you a PM so I can get some info.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

Honestly I doubt you can do anything for me
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat