S8+ always roaming and LTE doesnt work

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

S8+ always roaming and LTE doesnt work

Hello. Here are the cross streets and town for reference:

Sheep Creek and Goss

Phelan, Ca.

We had a sprint store in our town for years. I got the s8+ last year and everywhere but my town I have service. I ran speed tests through speedtest.net LTE doesnt even register so speedtest cant test it. And the 3G I got 1mb down. (Even though www.google.com takes 2 minutes to load.) 

Even my slow wifi is faster than the sprint network.20180929_222227.jpg

Why would sprint have stores up here and have almost no service. I've tried updating PRL, my profile (which by the way will only update when I'm on wifi and not sprint network.)

My phone is completely up to date. Yet my wife's Galaxy Note 3 will have LTE while I'm roaming.

Anyway to fix this issue?

I used to be a truck driver, I've been all over the country. And besides, Montana, new Mexico and some of wisconsin. My home area has been the worse connection I've ever had.

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted

Did this occur after your most recent system update? If yes, I would try to get a hold of their executive escalations team. Working in the software field, if it's a bad update the least they can do is back out the update. If they can't do that, I don't think you should be responsible for purchasing a new phone or all the fees associated with it.

Highlighted

so Wifi Calling at home does not work either?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

@candaslew

it wouldnt be due to a bad update or yours would have the same problems..as would everyone elses that received this update...they would however force a factory reset on it just in case the update loaded incorrectly. they could also try to reload the update again.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Hey @candaslew. I'm going to send you a private message so I can get some information and send a ticket to our tech team. See ya there. 

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Highlighted

My apologies folks, I've been out of town for work and still trying to catch up.  Sprint devices may roam in areas they did not roam previously. This is by design and is a result of updated acquisition files being pushed to devices to prefer LTE roaming over Sprint 3G. Sprint does not charge customers for Domestic roaming voice, data or SMS usage. Please do not swap devices. 

In the past, the device was told to look for Sprint LTE first, then Sprint 3G.  Now, it's told to look for Sprint LTE first, then Roaming LTE, next Sprint 3G, and then finally 3G/2G roaming.  This is to keep the fast LTE data speeds before dropping to 3G or lower.  By default, devices are set to automatic, meaning it will attach to the strongest signal should it be ours or a competitor's.  If the constant "Roaming" sign on your screen is making you nervous, you can set your device from automatic to LTE/CDMA.

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat