ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 showing 3-4 bars and LTE, but actually have no data connection

Journeyman

S9 showing 3-4 bars and LTE, but actually have no data connection

As stated in the title, my Galaxy S9 is showing that I have 3-4 bars and LTE service at work, but when I go to a web page, or open an app, I'm given "not connected" page. This has been happening multiple times a night (night shift.)

I've been googling for hours (when my phone allows it) and the best solution I can find that works (for now) is to turn off LTE and rely solely on 3g, I've updated my profile, updated PRL, reset the phone probably 15 times in the past 2 weeks since this has started up.

Zip is 85337, cross streets are N. Harrington Ave and W. Williams street

11 REPLIES 11
Wizard

Re: S9 showing 3-4 bars and LTE, but actually have no data connection

That's not good Kippip64. Give me a few mins to look into this area. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Wizard

Thanks for your patience. After looking into this area, I see that you're in a pocket of good coverage. So I checked the towers, and there is a tower with an open service alert. Our tower team has been notified, and deployed. Resetting the network setting can help. To complete this on an Android device, please dial ##72786#. 

Let's give the reset a try, and let me know if the service improved. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here, been having this problem for maybe 2 years now.  Usually while I'm at work.  I've been through many phones, so I don't think it is a phone issue; I have the Samsung Galaxy s9.  It seems to be a Sprint network problem.  Everytime I complain, they tell me to update PRL or Profile...that's just a quick fix and then it's bad to no connection even when it shows bars on LTE.  For the record, other people with different carriers do not have the same problem I do at work.

A number of things could be happening. Our towers are congested, and there for it will show bars but the signal will a tad slower. I can check into this for you. What is the zip code and nearest cross streets?

Journeyman

90032, Eastern Ave and State University drive.

Looking at the map, everything looks good. It does look like a major highway runs through there. Super populated as well. This would make the towers congested, especially at peak hour times (morning traffic, lunch traffic, and evening traffic). I know it can be frustrating to deal with. 

Journeyman

Dialing the number you gave me did not help and I'm back to using 3g now. Is there an approximate time the tower will be worked on? 

It's  being worked on now and should be fixed here very soon.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Well mine is an s9plus, as well as my Pixel 3xl, AND my iPad 6... All using their own sim cards... 1st, the iPad has no way of doing your network reset as the iPad from Sprint doesn't have a dialer option... Hell I can't even use iMessage yet I have a phone number for the device.  And it's not a tablet thing because my 2 friends with the same iPad but on Verizon and At&t have dialers, can make calls and send each other text messages... (So far 2 strikes for Sprint who I've been with for 5 years!)   But that's not the point... I live in Plano Texas... With 3 major cities bordering me and we're all part of DFW.. zip 75024  I literally have 1 or 2 mile spots where I lose all Data coverage yet my phones and tablets will show 4 bars LTE and there will be an "x" on the actual bars in the bottom right side ... But even when the x goes away , I still get "Offline" messages on all 3 devices.

Explain how one of the most heavily populated metroplex in the U.S. where EVERY city in it is a major city, (Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Richardson, Garland, Mesquite, Irving, Dallas)   yes that is what makes up a major block of DFW and we're all  connected by borders...  But how can there be SEVERAL mile long or even 2 mile long stretches INSIDE These zones that out of nowhere all coverage drops... And I mean 24/7  at 3 am there is 0 data in these same zones... Some by freeways... But many in just plain neighborhoods ?  I am that close to cutting my service completely and switching all my devices to Verizon or someone who can at least provide coverage to my very Urban living area... 

I mean at my house I might get a 22M download speed... At 3 am!. And I mean 22 megabytes per second.  Yet if I go 1 mile CLOSER to the freeway I get 99 sometimes even 106 Megabytes downloading ?? I'm not on a farm .. or a ranch.. I live in 700k homes... And I'm literally one of the only people I know who dont have cell coverage for LTE in my neighborhood, but I'm also one of the only ones with Sprint service.   This seems like a slap to the face for the $200 plus a month I'm paying you guys!  

I'm also an I.T.  so j use every technique available to fix coverage .. I do PRL updates weekly, Network reset via 72786 , Profile updates weekly, system software updates, and this is 3 different devices by 3 completely different manufacturers on 2 different OS.   Both Android and apple    there are 2 other people living with me and they have a combined 5 devices  all on Sprint, which all have the exact same issue I have and those are ALSO different devices than mine.   I mean please explain to me why we are the laughing stock for spending close to 800 a month all together yet it seems were in the Stone age when it comes to LTE coverage and there's no congestion ... And also whether it's 3am or 3 pm the speeds and coverage are the same.

Not gonna list my real addy so I'll give a home close to mine   8737 bluffcreek ln .  Plano tx 75024

Journeyman

Having same issue with Iphone X.. but mine happens throughout the day.. and sometimes it last from 5-10 minutes

There is a service alert in 75024 causing slow data speeds and connection issues. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat