Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIP softphone stopped working

Journeyman

SIP softphone stopped working

I can no longer use the SIP softphone on my smartphone to make VOIP calls on the Sprint network.  I can when I am using my smartphone connected to my home WiFi.  Has Sprint started blocking on its network the TCP/UDP ports associated with SIP/VOIP?

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Employee

barkingdoggy - Hey! I think you might benefit from an old thread created here addressing SIP. Here is the link

I've got it set up/configured and working.  I was able to make SIP/VOIP calls over the Sprint network, but that has stopped working recently.  Now I can only use my softphone from home over my WiFi.  I'm wondering why it no longer works over the Sprint cellular network using data.

barkingdoggy - To get everything clear, the issues are just with the SIP/VOIP? Can you use the Sprint data network in other apps?

That's right.  And for many months I've been using the softphone on Sprint successfully.  It uses UDP Port 5060 to contact the server.

Did you check if you have the latest software version in the phone?

I installed the latest updates to my iPhone XS.  I still cannot make VOIP calls unless I am on my home wifi.

Got it! We're still doing some research to determine what could be causing the inconvenient. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care

It seems that all steps have been exhausted. If you're having problems with a third party SIP service, our recommendation would be to contact them.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat