cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service and data have been horrible

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service and data have been horrible

Since i got my iphone 11max in feb inhave yet to have full service anywhere even in places like my home where i used to have full service have done hard reset on phone everything no improvement. Data has been slower than ever before i have been a sprint customer for over 20 years and this is the worst its ever been

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Service and data have been horrible

Hey, thanks for reaching out. I'm here to help! Is anyone else in your home experiencing this issue? 

S.R
Highlighted
Journeyman

No as they are on a different network..this is also be happening generally around the ny area and has only gotten worse since the merger
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I see! Was any troubleshooting steps done on this specific device? 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

If not, please follow the steps below. 

1. From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.
  2. Dial ##72786#.
  3. Tap OK.
  4. Swipe to unlock the screen.
  5. Once the device restarts, the Hands Free Activation will begin automatically.
  6. Once the PRL update is complete, tap OK.
  7. Swipe the screen to unlock the device.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Will do this now and update you on results..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its says error performing request unknown error

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Oh! Let me try a device refresh. Can you send me a private message?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had this exact same problem over the weekend. Sprint was apparently supposed to send out a text message to people who would be effected but no one ever got it.

What is happening is due to Sprint Merger with T-Mobile. Some Sprint towers are going offline completely while others towers are having the radio heads (the actual radio at the cell site) swapped out to T-Mobile's. Some sites are leaving band 41 up for now (what magic box uses), other sites are completely killing band 41 which will render Magic Boxes useless. With the eventual plans to do away with Magic Boxes completely. Sending everyone a prepaid shipping label to mail them back. T-Mobile has a device similar to an Airave which uses your internet for the backhaul and not cell like Sprint's Magic Box, which doesn't help anyone who doesn't have quality internet along with extra bandwidth to spare at their location.

Cell phones are being updated to use T-mobile towers along with the re branded Sprint towers. If you can access your phones debug mode you will see your phone will start connecting to band 66 and others that T-Mobile uses.

Unfortunately as with most anything Sprint has ever attempted in the past this has not gone smoothly, causing people to go without cell service or extremely limited service for days on end. PRL & network updates to your phone are not in sync with the tower switch over which causes these problems.

Further complicating things is the local subcontractors are switching the sub towers over, then switching the primary towers over. So if there are multiple sub towers in your area they switch them all out first essentially taking them off line until the primary towers which feed them are switched over. At which time service will resume and you will now be on T-Mobiles network and no longer Sprint providing there are no hiccups in the process.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat