cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service has been getting increasingly worse over last month or so

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service has been getting increasingly worse over last month or so

I live in a somewhat rural area, and changed to Sprint just under 2 years ago, because friends who had Sprint phones always had service at my house. I have been very happy with it, normally had LTE and was able to receive and make calls at home. For the last month, my service jumps from LTE to 3G to 1x, and back again, one or 2 bars at best. Every call drops before I can even answer. Data service is very poor unless on wifi. While it is worst in my rural location, it has become a problem anytime I am not in a metro area. Any help would be great.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

That would be weird for it to just not work like it was. May I have the zip code and nearest cross streets? I will look into the towers. 

Highlighted

FM 1201 and Harrell Road
Highlighted

Checked in that area, and it looks like the tower has been under maintenance since 09/09/19. From the notes, it looks like they had some delays with getting the parts they needed. They are getting them soon, and will be repairing it. 

Highlighted

That time frame sounds bout right. Any word on when to expect the repairs to be completed?
Highlighted

We aren't given estimated dates, but it looks like they are getting the parts in soon to get it back up and running. 

Highlighted

I live in zip code 93550 and have been having the same issue with no or slow data and a weak LTE signal.  This started about one month ago.

Highlighted

I checked the zipcode you mentioned in the network tool.  At this time I do not see any known outages or issues listed.  Can you provide some cross streets where you are experiencing issues?

Highlighted

Ranch Vista and Division 

Highlighted

Thanks for those cross streets.  I plugged those into our network tool.  The tower serving that area IS experiencing issues.  It has been for a few days.  I do not show any records for issues dating back a month or so.  I do not currently have a time to resolution, but I do know the tower teams are actively working the issues with the aforementioned tower.  Thank you for your patience, thank you for reaching out on this issue.  If I receive any updates I will post them back here.

Highlighted

I'm at zip code 19102 and the cross streets are 16th and Arch Streets. Currently at work and am having issues with data as well. None of the apps that require network connections are operating and it's been that way since Tuesday.

Highlighted

Thank you for your response.  I will try to be patient.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat