cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service has been getting increasingly worse over last month or so

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service has been getting increasingly worse over last month or so

I live in a somewhat rural area, and changed to Sprint just under 2 years ago, because friends who had Sprint phones always had service at my house. I have been very happy with it, normally had LTE and was able to receive and make calls at home. For the last month, my service jumps from LTE to 3G to 1x, and back again, one or 2 bars at best. Every call drops before I can even answer. Data service is very poor unless on wifi. While it is worst in my rural location, it has become a problem anytime I am not in a metro area. Any help would be great.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

I live in Zip code 92868.  Been having the same issue as described.  Cross streets are Main and Stewart.  Thanks

Highlighted

Howdy Buzzy2Bee. I looked into this area and I see the coverage should be fair to good. So I checked the towers, and they too appear to be functioning correctly. Resetting the network setting can help. To complete this on an Android device, please dial ##72786#. For an Apple device, please follow the steps below: 
1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap General.
3. Scroll up and tap Reset.
4. Change to Reset Network Setting

Let's give the reset a try, and let me know if the service improved. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

thank you for the response. I've tried this and nothing happened.

Highlighted

Alrighty, plan B. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

So, it has been almost 2 months since I first reported this, and there has been zero improvement in my service. Still can't make or receive calls, or use data at my home location. Just about ready to drop Sprint and try another carrier. Hard to justify paying $200plus dollars a month for the 4 phones on my plan when none of them can make or receive calls at my location.

Highlighted

luckyduck1, 

I'd like to further investigate into the performance of the area and will need your exact address including the state, along with your  phone number so I can see the tower where your phone is connected. Send me that information in a private message, click on my name and select "send a message". 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Would you be able to check my area cross streets are Brown & Magnolia in Nuevo Ca 92567

Highlighted

Hi Jenjoy80 !

I have checked the coverage in this location and confirmed that is good with fair coverage spots, this means that the signal may vary as you get further from the cell site. 
We recently had a ticket being worked on in the area.
What's the make or model of your device? Have you recently tried any troubleshooting steps?

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat