cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotty Reception and no LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spotty Reception and no LTE

I am new to Sprint and swapped my whole family from Verizon given the good price they get to veterans.  But since I have had this service going on 3 months my reception at my house or even the surround 5-10 miles is not great.  I get 2 bars but am constantly dropping calls and the LTE data is unusable.  Looking at the coverage map it was supposed to be good to fair reception.  I am at a loss on what to do now besides having to swap providers.  Does anyone have any ideas if there is anything additional I can try before having to go this route?

Thanks

Gabe

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Spotty Reception and no LTE

Good morning. I'm happy to go over your area and see what is going on. What is the cross streets and zip code?

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It is  E US 56 overbrook ks 66524 paulen rd is close to us.

Thanks

Gabe

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

According to our coverage maps, it looks like you have fair coverage in your area. This means it’s a location with less signal strength. This happens because the signal strength may vary as you get further from the cell site.

The towers available are not very close to these area. By any chance, do you have Wi-Fi at home?

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I do have wifi but unfortunately it is very spotty at best.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

😕 What's the make or model of your device? You could try enabling Wi-Fi Calling to see how it goes. Have you already tried this?

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Ciara,

I have an iPhone XR I do enable wifi calling but it does not work all the time.  Mainly because our DSL is not great out here.

Gabe

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Understood! Please keep in mind that in locations where the Sprint network is not available you can use roaming.

You can also try these steps to refresh your services: 

For the iPhone XR: From the home screen, tap Phone. (Updating the data profile requires the device is in your network coverage area). On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the Call icon. Tap OK. The handset will search for profile updates and install them. Tap OK. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

That did not seem to fix the problem I’m still at 2 bars and no data.  Please help.

Gabe

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

The towers available are not very close to these area. We can try resting the device from our end and see if that help. I'll need to review the account for that. My name is Juan and I'm with the Sprint social care department. Please send us a private message with your name, account holders name, phone number, account PIN or answer to the security question.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Still having the issue please help.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat