Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint LTE Coverage Not Working - Extended 1x or No Service

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint LTE Coverage Not Working - Extended 1x or No Service

I've posted about this before, but typically, I receive Sprint LTE coverage where I'm at (Mercury, NV, 89023 - there is no other information I can give about location).  However, today I've been teetering between having Extended 1x coverage and No Service, with the latter being more frequent.  I have a feeling this has something to do with the fact that it's been very windy and rainy out here in the desert, and the tower that's out in this area just isn't...good?  It seems like every time it gets a little windy out here (which is always, basically), the cell service goes down.  Since I'm paying quite a lot of money, I would hope for better service.  I have an iPhone 8, it is up-to-date with its software updates, and all service updates I've tried have failed, as I can't actually connect to the Sprint network.  I've tried restarting my phone and toggling the signal on and off and there's no change.  I checked the coverage map again and as I expected, I'm supposed to be getting "excellent" LTE coverage, which obviously isn't the case.  This is less a post to get potential "fixes" for my issue, and more a post to inform Sprint in hopes they can send a tech out to work with the tower (or maybe build a better one since this one can't stand up to any sort of weather, apparently).  Any advice is always welcome, even if this post is mostly meant to inform.

19 REPLIES 19
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Sprint LTE Coverage Not Working - Extended 1x or No Service

I checked your zip and there's no reported alerts in your area. Did this just start this morning?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint, This technically started this morning, but the signal depleting to Extended 1x is a somewhat frequent occurrence.  Usually it resolves itself within an hour or so, but this has been going on for nearly three hours now.  Currently, my phone is reading "No Service."

Which phone do you have?

Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint I have an iPhone 8 which is currently completely up to date with all software updates (see the original post where I mentioned this).

Sorry I missed that. I can send a reset signal to your phone. I know you've restarted your phone several times but resetting the network from our end can help.

Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint No worries.  Any potential help is much appreciated!  Do I need to do anything else to assist with the reset on your end and/or do you need any more information?

Can you perform a network reset on your device? You will find this under general settings, scroll down to reset, and reset network settings. Let me know if this helps. 

Journeyman

@Katey88_Sprint Performed the Network Settings Reset.  No change.

Okay I am going to PM you. Sounds like we need to get it the account. 

Journeyman

As an update, I've been informed it's a tower issue (surprise), to anyone who's experiencing similar problems.

Journeyman

Another update - Sprint still hasn't fixed their tower.  I really hope they actually have people working on it and aren't just saying that.  NOT ACTUALLY SOLVED, SPRINT.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat