cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Magic Box

Journeyman

Re: Sprint Magic Box

I did not request the magic box but today I got it. It is too big to put close to the window and I think I really don't need it. What do I have to to with this box ???

Sprint Social Care

Good morning kbc0825. If you no longer need the Magic box, we can send you a return kit so that you can return it. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I too inquired about the Magic Box back in June or July. Received a message that it would work in my area and one would be sent to me. To date, have not heard from anyone about a status of a box being sent to me, nor yet received one. Is there any timeline on getting this equipment?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How big is it? And are they sending the old boxes or are they the Gen2 series?
Sprint Social Care

Hello Sup9. Thanks for your interest on the Magic Box. Due to the tremendous overwhelming interest it may take a little longer than anticipated to get your Magic box. I would still like to check your account to make sure the box has ben sent. We sent you a Private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

As for any additional questions regarding the Magic box, we encourage you to visit: http://sprint.co/2wXDYqs

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The form for verifying my address eligibility came back with me being eligible, but there's no form to sign up to receive the box?  Also, is there a fee to have the box?  I see that the box itself is free, but there's no mention of if there are any 'hidden costs' like a rental fee, or taxes or anything like that.

One last thing: Is there a place online where I can put in my address and have it show me what towers are closest, and if / what Sprint bands those towers are servicing?  I've tried several sites and all I can find is that the towers are owned by AT&T, but nothing about what carriers share the tower, or what bands are available from that tower.

Thanks

Xanderphillips

Sprint Social Care

Hello xanderphillips. Thanks for enquiring about the Magic box. I can definitely help you with order the Magic box. I will have to review your account.

As for the towers, I look-up that information for you. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I just would like one myself

Journeyman

Sprint Magic Box

When will residential customers be able to request a Magic Box? Your website says I qualify, but there is no way to request one. My wife and I both have iPhones (6s and 8) from Sprint. Calls from inside our house are gabbled and we frequently get Call Failure and it drops the call. I used to have Verizon and got 4 bars and never had a call failure.

GrandMaster

the magic box does not improve calls..only the data side of things. do you perhaps have wifi at home? might be able to use wifi calling instead.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks, fireguy_6364. I wasn't aware of Magic Box only improving data and not also call quality. I did turn on Wi-Fi calling, but that seemed to only make my call quality and call drops worse. Maybe Airave is what I need.

GrandMaster

the airave does work pretty well but i dumped mine for wifi calling. a lot of it is going to depend on range from the router, whats in between, signal strength etc...the airave itself is starting to become obsolete. give WFC a run for a few days and let the phone adjust to it and see how it works for you. it takes a bit to get used to but works pretty well.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat