cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint now on T-mobile network

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint now on T-mobile network

Now that Sprint forced the switch over to T-mobile's network. Switching former towers to T-mobile equipment, killing ch41 and Magic Boxes forcing phone to connect to T-mobile bands who do I contact about network issues now that Sprint Network engineers don't have access to the re-branded T-mobile towers and T-mobile doesn't have access to Sprint accounts?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint now on T-mobile network

Hi! If it's a Sprint account you have, we'll be able to help. What make and model phone do you have and mainly which service is being impacted, talk, text or data? Is this happening in one or multiple locations? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint now on T-mobile network

Funny that the network team can't help with network issues on T-Mobiles network but you can? All diagnostic steps have been preformed. All Sprint services were down except for 1x from the 19th-21st on all devices and both of my Magic Boxes. On the 21st I realized both my devices and the physical cell site were switched over to T-mobile as I began connecting to band 66. I spoke to a network engineer later in the week who confirmed that the physical radios at the base were swapped from Sprint to T-Mobile and my phone updated as well. Since the physical cell site (tower) was no longer part of Sprint and now belongs to T-mobile. Sprint is extremely limited with information, primarily updates, outages and the like and no access to actually diagnose or fix issues on T-mobile towers. Despite being only 1.5 miles line of sight with the tower I (nor anyone else) have NEVER in 10 years been able to sustain anything over 5mb down and 1mb up speeds without my Magic Box. Sprint admits its a low priority relatively low use tower the decision makers don't really care about.  My Magic box has been rendered useless since the conversion and since the switch I've only been able to obtain about 3mb download and 3-400Kb upload speeds on this specific tower. Any other tower my speeds were much faster including at my 2nd location. This past weekend at my other address I was able to hit nearly 50mb down and 15mb upload speeds hitting a T-mobile tower which was unheard of on Sprints network.  Today my Magic box connected again to band 41 (Sprint) but the speeds did not improve on bit. I was transferred twice before reaching someone who could access my account (advantage employee account) They then had to transfer my to tech support who transferred my to their supervisor who was also of no help. Their supervisor called me back who again was useless and insisted that I replace my S9+ international unlocked phone with a Sprint leased S10 because that would somehow solve the poor data speeds on all devices hitting this one specific former Sprint tower. After about an Hr she finally caved and put in a request for executive to call me back in 8 days. Later today I received a call from executive, who fully understood my issues, admitted there was a problem and there has been a lot of chaos and confusion with the merger and she her self has no idea who I needed to talk to because I'm stuck with a Sprint account on T-mobiles network no Sprint service on the local tower anymore aside from the Magic box on band 41, which we came to the theory because my phone is now set for T-Mobile, Sprints network (not my phone) gets confused and thinks that I'm a T-mobile customer and assumes I'm roaming and throttles my data. Switching my phone back to use Sprints network would likely only make problems worse when I'm out of range of the Magic box as there is only a single ch (band 41) left up on that specific tower. I do not have reliable enough internet for a Pebble. So she is putting me in touch with someone from Sprint who may be able to help figure out what the heck is really going on, work with T-mobile to figure out my options and their plans for going forward with this merger debacle.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat