Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly, I am unable to play online games

Highlighted
Journeyman

Suddenly, I am unable to play online games

Hello. I have been in a nearly daily chat with sprint support teams about slow connection speeds. Recently (Past two days) my speeds have finally been normal for a consistent period of time, but now I am no longer able to play games such as GTA Online because of lagging issues. Like I said my connection speeds are fine. I thought in the beginning that it was because my NAT type was strict, well I found a way to bring it to Moderate, but still, everyone in the session is teleporting around because of lag. Ever since this has started ive contacted sprint support twice, the modems manufacturer company, and the GTA Online Rockstar Games support teams, and none of them can fix the issue. I was told by Global Telecom and Rockstar that it is a problem within the sprint network, after an hour long chat with them today, they tell me theres nothing they can do about the situation, in fact, they didnt even know what i was talking about in the beginning, about NAT types. So I come to the community to ask if something like this is even possible to fix. I dont recall doing anything out of the ordinary before this problem started, all i can remember doing was constantly contacting sprint support because of slow speeds. 

*I have already factory reset the device.
*I have already restarted the device.
*I have already done all the cmd commands google tells you to flush dns and reset this and that. 

*I have tried using vpns.

*On the modems ip address website in the search bar, I get no option for changing NAT type or UPNP switch, or any option for port forwarding.

Before you reply please consider this, this is practically my only option in terms of internet service. There are only two decent ISPs in my area, one wants a 400 dollar down payment, and the other wants proof of id that i already sent in but they still havnt replied. So using this hotspot device was my only option, and it was working fine in the beginning, until two days ago. When someone from sprint support changed something that i cant access, and made it to where all my online games are laggy despite a moderate NAT type and a decent connection speed and ping. The support agent i spoke to most recently insisted that whatever my problem was could not be reversed. 

Is there anything I can do? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

What kind of phone do you have? 

Highlighted

I have a galaxy s9, and a Netstick usb modem. Surprisingly, this problem is in both my phone and my hotspot device. 

Highlighted

Well let's not stick and get right to troubleshooting. But I'm going to send a private message so I can get some more info from you. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

After another day of talking to so called tech support teams, sprint tries to tell me nothing on my account was changed. But today I use another phone on another account and I do not have these problems. The only thing the support team told me to do was get the device replaced, when this problem isnt on just one device. Its on my phone and my hotspot. I dont understand what support teams are there for if they cannot solve problems such as this. Something was obviously changed on my account, because your nat type doesnt just suddenly change with no input by the user or the provider. This has only been a problem for the past 3 days, so for the whole 3 months ive had the device, what changed? I cannot play any online games anymore because my nat type suddenly changed to strict. And i get no options for upnp and whatnot. The only things i can find on google are to use connectify, but they say to connect your computer to the router and activate the hotspot, and then connect your gaming devices to that hotspot. Well, my pc IS my gaming device, and i cannot have my usb modem connected to my computer, my computer connected to my router, my phone connected to my router, and then my phone connected back to my pc, thats just ridiculous and I still tried it for "fun", it didnt work. Honestly i feel that the support teams just dont WANT to fix my issue, i guess its just too much work for what they get paid, but someone sure as hell changed my account to give me a strict nat type. 

Highlighted

We would like to check this out, shoot us a DM! 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat