cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions to prevent possible problems when switching to sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

Suggestions to prevent possible problems when switching to sprint

Hello all. New member looking for advice.

We currently have two phones and one tablet with AT&T. Not the best signal at my home....(rural area) so decided to give Sprint a try while the free year promo is available. All devices are paid off and we are not under contract plus I just purchased a new unlocked pixel 2 xl from the Google store. Planning to port one of the phones off AT&T and use that number for my new Pixel. 

So...I went online to find the promo.....never saw it on the site, so went to chat. They said no problem we can hook you up. They answered all my questions and then directed me to input my info and order the sim. So I did. After that I was unable to get back to the chat session and save it....which I intended to do....so I'd have a record.

Anyway...supposedly my sim is on the way, when it gets here I just go back online, activate and Sprint will automatically port the number I provided them from the old phone on AT&T and that line of service will be canceled. I thought when I got order confirmation from Sprint I'd be able to double check the plan I signed up for.....but it only shows the sim order. So did I actually sign up for the promo? I thought I did....they did credit check and chat rep told me to activate when sim arrives....but after reading some of these posts I'm afraid I'll activate and be given a totally different plan because I don't see anything confirming the plan I want. 

Sorry for the extremely long post but wanted to give all the info I could. Any advice to help avoid having issues?

2 REPLIES 2
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Suggestions to prevent possible problems when switching to sprint

Please visit this link. Check to make sure everything is clear. This is also a self service plan option only. Anything you need to do has to be done online only. Unless it is troubleshooting your device or anything of that. But for activating and changing anything on that account, that would need to be done online. 

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html?ECID=vanity:1yearfree

Journeyman

Re: Suggestions to prevent possible problems when switching to sprint

Thank you Katey. I've checked out the link. Just waiting on my sim.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat