Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Mobile sim card

Journeyman

T-Mobile sim card

We are sprint customers and I had taken my husband’s phone to a T-Mobile store to have has cracked screen replaced and the T-Mobile employee said that he’d switch out both mine and my husband’s sim to T-Mobile and he reassured me that doing so would change NOTHING except for access to T-Mobile cell towers.  This was on a Sunday and that Thursday my phone switched to say “T-Mobile” up top instead of “sprint”, and all of a sudden I am not receiving notifications that I have set up from certain short codes, like delivery notifications or bank transactions.  I thought initially this was due to the sprint call screening app so when I went to change the settings I could no longer do so bc im not on sprints network any longer, I’m on T-Mobile now.  And after speaking with sprint/T-Mobile today I was told that they are having issues with short codes and some are not compatible is the word they used I believe and that if I wanted to receive those notifications from these short codes I’d have to go back to the store and have a sprint SIM card put back in my phone.  That they are working to fix this problem and expect it to be fixed in January.  And we were credited $25 off of our bill.  And the more I thought about that, the less fair I thought that sounded.  We pay more than enough for our cell phone service and sprint offered no financial relief for COVID, other than to offer payment plans and not cancel our service.  I’ve been trying to get answers as to why, after paying them thousands of dollars in just a couple of months and we were told we were caught up, the next week we’re getting a past due balance notice?  My point is that we are paying a lot of money for a service that is unlimited on our plan and now I have a total disruption in that service , something that is unlimited on our plan and I don’t feel that $25 really compensates for this disruption not to mention the inconvenience of having to go back to a T-Mobile store to have a sprint sim put back in my phone if I want to receive notifications from short codes?!  $25 seems to be their standard credit but I feel it should be a little more than that especially given the fact that they don’t even know when and if this will ever be resolved..?!

0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat