cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible coverage in my area

Journeyman

Terrible coverage in my area

Network coverage so bad most of the time that my phone can barely even download a photo. There are 1000s of workers around the area where I work and that area is even worse then it is when I am home. Definitely not my phone, considering I am using a Galaxy S10+, and it was just as bad on my S8 that I had before this. Coverage was better when I was using Cricket, which was at one time considered a bottom of the barrel phone company. Surely Sprint would want to fix this, and keep the thousands of people in my area happy. 

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Terrible coverage in my area

Hi there. We'd be glad to take a closer look at the area as well as help troubleshoot your device with some simple refreshes to your data profile and network settings.

Can you provide us the cross-streets and zip code for your location? I'd like to check on the towers and coverage nearby. If you aren't comfortable posting that here in public, please send me a PM. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Beech Grove road and South Shore Drive Shepherdsville KY 40165

Also Cedar Grove road and Amazon.com BLVD. also Shepherdsville KY 40165

I did a check on both locations that there is a tower down in the area which is impacting LTE and other services nearby. You can reset your data profile by going to Settings.> System Updates > Update Profile. After that you can reset your network settings by dialing ##72786# to try and clear things up a bit. Let us know if it helps at all. 

Journeyman

This has been a problem since I first got Sprint, nothing something that just came up. So unless this tower has been down for over a year, definitely not the problem. 

Journeyman

Tried what you stated, no help. 

Did you try the resets that were mentioned? Can you run a speed test and let us know what kind of speeds you are seeing? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, tried the resets, speed test as follows

PING 158ms

Download .14 MBPS 

Upload .65 MBPS

Have things gotten worse since you got the S10? Have you noticed complete drops in service or going into roaming? I'm wondering if you may have been impacted by a hardware issue within a population of S10 devices that might require a device swap. UPDATE: Samsung Galaxy S10/10+ Model Roaming/LTE Issues

Journeyman

SmartSelect_20190502-152731_Speedtest.jpgMine Sprint Network on Galaxy S10+

SmartSelect_20190502-153104_Chrome.jpgFriend sitting beside me AT&T Samsung Note 9

Journeyman

Haven't noticed anything worse or better, than when I had the S8. Didn't know anything like this was going on with the S10s. Is this something I contact Sprint over for a replacement or Samsung? 

It's definitely worth having one of our in-store techs take a look at if the refreshes and network resets didn't make any difference.  If it's an issue with the device, we'll be able to replace it for you.  

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat