Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UC Santa Cruz - Sprint Coverage is Bad

Journeyman

UC Santa Cruz - Sprint Coverage is Bad

29 REPLIES 29
Journeyman

Re: UC Santa Cruz - Sprint Coverage is Bad

My daughter just moved in the Dorms and coverage is horrible - she can not even use her phone. Sprint show coverage on their website but when you are actually at the location it is different. I have 5 phones with Sprint and we had all 5 phone at the location few weeks ago and same issue . Coverage near Rachel Carson is really bad and un-unusable.
Wizard

Hey kapeelsharma. Is the coverage bad when she's inside the dorms, outside, or both?

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

It is bad all over and near the Library she gets no Service and Rachel Carson area no LTE at all and call drops weather she is in or out. I have opened cases with Sprint and they just told me their Network team is looking into it. We had 5 phones onsite and they all were in the same condition. I have asked SPRINT team to come and meet us and see it for themselves.

Wizard

By chance, is there any tall buildings or trees in the area. There might be an obstruction to the tower, causing her not to have service. Also, if she's making calls during peak hours, that could be why she experienced the dropped calls. When there's a lot of traffic to the towers, eventually it will reach capacity, and essentially start kicking connections out once it's full.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

Verison and ATT works fine there, Calls are made all the time. I just need a resolution.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

What zip code is she in?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

ZIP 95064 - I have given this many time and when you look this up using the coverage tool, the tool shows there is coverage but in reality it’s not. Hence I asked SPRINT to come out an experience it for them selves . The coverage tool is not accurate .

Wizard

Good afternoon. I checked the map and there's an open network ticket in the area. This would explain why you're having issues with your services.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Do this has been open since September 22nd ?

Wizard

Yes it has.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

What is ETA on fix action ? Will SPRINT give me free service until fixed ? As we can not use the service as defined .

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat