cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE - Switched to my S10 +, ever since signal and data has SUCKED!

Go to solution
Journeyman

UPDATE - Switched to my S10 +, ever since signal and data has SUCKED!

Asked and Answered (HAHAHA, hasn't been answered, just brushed off.  Still not fixed, yet they closed my post): Switched to my S10 +, ever since signal and data has SUCKED!

ADMIN EDIT: This issue will be addressed in a coming update. 

For more information please see this link Galaxy S10/10+ Roaming issue   <--- This didn't fix the issue.

Just got my new S10+ on Wednesday, and ever since setting it up the signal and data have been horrible.  It never gets above 3 bars.  Text messages will fail, websites wont load, email won't pull up.  I will have to try over and over and over and eventually it will work extremely slowly.  I randomly get 10 to 30 seconds of normal speed and then it drops back down to nothing again.  I didn't have this problem with my S8.  Really starting to regret upgrading and staying with Sprint.  I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years, but I am really starting to question that.  I have tried to get help or trouble shoot, but the best they can do for me is telling me to turn it off and restart it.  Do you really think I am that dumb??  Obviously that has been done and it doesn't help.  I updated the Profile and PRL, still no help.  Why am I paying for service that is so spotty and useless?  Is there something going on in my area this week, because this is horrible service. 

UPDATE - 4.23.19  - Nothing has changed.  Phone still shows full signal, but no data/texting is working.  Only time it will work is switching to airplane mode, then switching back, and will work for like 2 mins.  Then right back to timing out and not working.  Before you tell me, I have already updated PRL and PROFILE many times.  I have also restarted it many times.  I have downloaded all the updates.  Also have done the ## thing a few times.  None of that helps, and you closed my thread saying it was supposedly resolved.  ITS NOT!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: UPDATE - Switched to my S10 +, ever since signal and data has SUCKED!

Hi there. We have a few questions we'll need to run through to get a better understanding of what's going on.

• Is your phone permanently not receiving data/texts no matter where you are? And the only way to temporarily get data is to toggle airplane mode on off and then data completely disappears again?
  • Did this immediately start happening after you got your new phone?
  • How many bars do you show on average and does it show as 3G or LTE?
  • Can you do a speed test and share with us what your download and upload speeds are? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

It seems pretty consistent to not work.  If I walk around or move around a lot with it, it is 50/50 on if it will work, even when the signal bars say 4 or 5 bars. 

Putting it To Airplane, and then back will allow it to work just fine, normal speeds, for 5 mins max.  The signal bar will not change, but will no longer send/rec data, txt, ect.

It has been like this from day one since I had the phone, and I just keep being told to wait for the next update (I think there have been 3 since then) and that Sprint and Samsung are aware of the issue.

My phone consistently shows 4 to 5 bars on LTE.  But again it will only work when switching to and from Airplane mode.  Otherwise it will randomly work, while moving around.  If I stop in a spot it seems to be working well in, it is only for a brief period.  Its like the phone just decides to time out and stop responding.  But if I go to/from Airplane mode, it picks right back up working fine until it times out and just stops responding again.

I just went to Google and typed in Speed test.  I did it 3 times in the same spot. Before the 3 test I switch to and from Airplane mode.  Got the following:

MBPS Down -  1) 24.1        2) Time out (just sits at contacting server)       3) 5.09

MBPS UP -      1) 1.03        2)  Time out (just sits at contacting server)      3) 1.04

Did Airplane mode again:

89.5 down / 1.03 Up.  Then right after 23.1 down / 3.20 up. 

And to confirm, this a replacement for your first S10 that was having issues with roaming/no LTE? We published an article about this that sounds very similar to what you were experiencing. I don't know if you have seen it or not, but we know that there is a population of these phones that are having similar issues and should have the phone replaced. 

SOLUTION: (Updated) Concerns with GS10e/GS10/GS10+ roaming or poor data

Journeyman

This is still my original phone that I preordered and received on the day it came out (March 8th if I remember correctly).  I haven't been told or advised that I can just trade it in.  I have just been told to keep waiting for some update that is supposed to come out.  I talked to one rep and he said I couldn't switch it in because I don't have insurance on the phone.  If I can just trade it in for the newer version of the S10+ that doesn't have this issue that would be great. 

Without Sprint Complete you will either want to work with Samsung to have a manufacturer warranty replacement taken care of, or you can reach out to a Sprint store (specifically one with a Repair Center) about getting a replacement. Without SC you'll be looking at a $75 charge for the replacement in-store.

Journeyman

So basically even with Sprint and Samsung knowing their phones aren't working properly, and I was given a defective phone, it is my problem and will cost me money??  That is pretty pathetic.  So I have to pay an extra monthly amount to get defective un-useable phone fixed, or come out of pocket.  Sprint can sale you defective crap and then charge you to fix it.  I see my almost 10 years of being with Sprint coming to and end very very soon.

For Sprint to go through the process of handling the warranty replacement, there is typically a charge associated with that process when you don't have Sprint Complete as insurance on your device. 

However, we did just receive an update that for this particular issue concerning the S10's that we are waiving the $75 charge for customers without Sprint Complete. When you go in to a store with a repair center to have them replace the device, they should have information on file to ensure a particular code is used to waive the fee when processing.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat