cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make/receive calls, send texts, access mobile data

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to make/receive calls, send texts, access mobile data

I have an LG G8 ThinQ purchased through Sprint from which I have been unable to make/receive calls, send texts, or access mobile data for about a month now. When someone tries to call me, they get a message that says something along the lines of, "The Verizon customer you are trying to reach is not available." (Yes, it does say Verizon - weird, I know). When I try to make calls, it never rings. Text messages come through, though often delayed. Text messages never send out. If I need to make a call or send a text, my only option is to put the phone in airplane mode, turn it off for a few minutes before powering it on, which then gives me a small window to actually use it. It always reverts back to being unusable. This occurs in my home and other locations in my immediate area. Service works fine in nearby cities and other locations in my state. I've never had this issue before September of this year. Have gone through all of the possible network and profile resets both in a Sprint Store repair location and via chat with Sprint online. After going though all of this at the store in a nearby city and my phone working fine, the person helping me said that when I'm in my city, I'll probably notice calls dropping and issues with texts and data because towers are being updated as a result of the merger and many people are having the same issue, saying, "it should be done by January". Not sure how they didn't not mention this from the start - could have saved us both a lot of time. Is there any way to find out what the network issues are in my area and how long before it is fully resolved? I DO NOT need to go through the series of resets a third time, I just need to now how long this issue is going to last. I'd rather not switch, but need a functional phone and will be going to Verizon this weekend if I don't have a better answer.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

This is definitely strange. Is this device currently active on the Sprint network? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes. I've been with Sprint for nearly two decades. Please don't get distracted by the weird message about Verizon to people who call me part. The real issue is that I literally can't use my phone most of the time.

Highlighted

Is the device software updated by chance? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, it is updated. I've checked it multiple times with multiple Sprint reps. Coming to this community is my last ditch effort to try to get some information about what's going on with the network in my immediate area and when I might expect a resolution before switching carriers.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat