cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) - Apple iPhone 7- Service Update Failed message

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) - Apple iPhone 7- Service Update Failed message

I moved to Oklahoma City, OK and get terrible LTE service here- usually just 1-2 bars in the middle of the city (at home and at work, indoors and outside).  To fix this, I tried to updated the PRL on my iPhone 7 & and always get a error message saying "Service Update Failed".  Anyone know why?  I'm getting so irritated with the terrible service here I'm looking at switching. Sprint.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) - Apple iPhone 7- Service Update Failed message

Sprint 2.jpgHere I am. Middle of OKC and 1 bar of LTE...

Re: Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) - Apple iPhone 7- Service Update Failed message

I'm only seeing 1 tower in that area that is having issues. Please try updating the data profile and resetting the network settings. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I reset the network settings and it still failed. 

Wizard

Good morning. I'd be happy to look into this for you. Is the software on your phone up to date? Did updating the data profile work?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Yes, I'm running iOS 12.1 and do automatic updates.  Nothing has worked yet. I tried it on wi-fi, off wi-fi. It always fails.

Wizard

I'd like to see what towers you utilize the most. I'm going to send you a PM now. 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat