cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded phone and now I have no service in either phone

Go to solution
Journeyman

Upgraded phone and now I have no service in either phone

I was leasing a Galaxy S10 but I decided I wanted an iPhone 11 so I ordered the phone and excitedly waited for its arrival. It arrives Tuesday and I quickly begin to activate the phone by sprint.com/activate. The Galaxy S10 loses service and the website says that my iPhone 11 is now activated. I also get an email saying that the iPhone 11 is now activated and that it may take 15 minutes to process. After the time passes, I go to try and send a text message to my friend and I notice that the message isn't sent. I then try to make a call to my brother and an automated message says that my phone is not yet activated, to call customer service. This is Tuesday at 3pm. I am now sitting there on hold and decide it takes too long so I go to the Sprint website and first chat with an agent who tells me to reset network settings, call ##873283#, and ##25327#, and some other stuff. I was then instructed to remove the SIM, provide ICCID & IMEI, place the SIM card back in and restart the phone on and off. After 2 hours of not getting anywhere, she transfers me to Tech Support where all they do is make me repeat the same steps over and over for 3 hours until they finally tell me, "you know what, go to a Sprint store near you". I then go back on the chat and talk to another agent who repeats the same steps for another 2 hours and refers to another tech support agent that ends up keeping me refreshing services settings until midnight to finally tell me that there is a provisional delay and that by the morning, if i left the phone alone, i would have service. I then wake up the next morning, today Wednesday, and i see i still dont have service! I go to a Sprint Store near me that is open only to be told they are not allowing customers in and they are only taking bill payments due to the COVID-19 situation! They tell me the best they can do is tell me how to contact Customer Service. So i go home and talk to an agent who makes me repeat the same cycle as the previous day 3 times before he becomes frustrated at the steps not working to get me service and transfers me to Tech support again! after an hour of doing the same thing over and over, and resetting the service and changing the lines he tells me that it should work and that he'll call me back in 20 minutes so that I can do a test call. After 2 hours pass, I get no call so I decide to call again and get met by another agent who after repeating the same process everyone else has done, tells me he has made a case to the back office and he will get back to me in 24 hours and before hanging he says, "oh never mind, tomorrow is my day off, i will call you on Friday at 6pm. I cannot be two more days without service as my job has made it clear that since we are working from home, we have to be able to make and receive calls during our regularly scheduled hours. Also many of the people i communicate with for school projects only have my phone number. This is ridiculous, it has been more than 24 hours since ive had service and now they expect me to wait until Friday? i regret switching to sprint. I never had "no service" with any of the other companies I've been with.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Upgraded phone and now I have no service in either phone

Hello! I'll do what's necessary on my end to help you resolve this. I'll need to access the account so I can see what has been done in our end and we can go from there. Please send me the phone number, account holder's name, security PIN or the answer to the security question. Click on my name and select "send a message". 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Upgraded phone and now I have no service in either phone

Hello! I'll do what's necessary on my end to help you resolve this. I'll need to access the account so I can see what has been done in our end and we can go from there. Please send me the phone number, account holder's name, security PIN or the answer to the security question. Click on my name and select "send a message". 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat