cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling Current Feedback

Journeyman

VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling Current Feedback

Hello,

My phone still has call continuity enabled on it along VoLTE. I decided to test it out with Wi-Fi Calling as well. I have a bit of feedback about using both of these services together and it's not really good.

Most of it seems to be caused by switching over to Wi-Fi Calling.

1. Whenever the handoff happens, about 4 seconds of blank line audio, not sure if it is Sprint problem or just a problem in the handoff itself to it might be the technology itself.

2. Most times, Wi-Fi Calling will not re-register itself and go back to Wi-Fi from LTE if you move out of your Wi-Fi area and go back to a Wi-Fi area later during a call.

3. If you need to input keys on the keypad, going back to Wi-Fi Calling impairs that ability to the point keypad entry will not be recognized by the other side, going back to LTE fixes that

After some more fine-tuning, it should be fine, but I believe this VoLTE update was a premature release as I have submitted as a bug through the original iOS 12.1.1 beta

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling Current Feedback

Thanks for sending this along jweaver. What type of device are you using? Also, are you noticing the handoff issues in a particular location or is it happening all over? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Hi. I’m on iPhone XS and it happens all over.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Thanks for sending along that information! I'm tagging @Em_Will_I_Am so that he can have a heads up and share internally.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Also wanted to add whenever using ##873283# no message pops up for service update complete or failed.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat