cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Calls dropping

Journeyman

Voice Calls dropping

I have been using a Samsung S7 on the Sprint network for quite sometime... however, within the last few weeks my voice calls began to drop.  It started mostly at night at home (north Fort Worth 76131 zipcode area) but now this happens all the time... I called Sprint support this morning and the rep had me power cycle my phone (which I do at least once a month anyway)... and then the rep told me he was doing some sort of reset/re-sync of my phone... all of which did little as I just was on an important call and AGAIN THE CALL DROPPED... ugh

Honestly I can't take much more of this... if this situation is not fixed/resolved my next call to Sprint will be to cancel my service and move to another network.

25 REPLIES 25
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Voice Calls dropping

Oh no! Not good! Will you provide me with two cross streets near to where it commonly happens in Fort Worth 76131?

Journeyman

Western Center & Blue Mound Rd. are about (4) blocks from my house

I see on our map that in the area that you gave us, the main tower is being repaired. There are some things that are fixed but they are still working on it, and they been since around 3/17/19. ETA on full repairs is around 3/29/19, that is the goal that we are shooting for to have full service again. 

Although not everything is repaired, but I'd like to do some basic troubleshooting with you to refresh your phone make sure everything is good on your end.

Journeyman

Like I said in my first entry I did work with a phone rep who after having me power cycle my phone he performed? a reset/refresh? which yielded nothing...

However, I'd be up for anything that might possibly fix/limit the dropping I am currently experiencing... just let me know when/how to connect with you...

Howdy mgwarren3. I checked back on the ticket and there is still a service alert on one of the towers in this area. I'd like for you to reset the network settings on your phone. This reestablishes the connection between the phone and tower. 

For your device please dial ##72786#. Let me know if this helps. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Performed the reset as requested... will let you know as to post reset status...

I am hopeful that the tower maintenance proceeds and finishes soon...

One thing I have omitted to state is that since this problem (presumably due to that tower issue) when here at the house I now only have (2) bars of reception showing on the phone... and I would assume that's not great... sigh

It should be up and running soon. We do have our techs on site. Just sometimes these can take sometime. 

Journeyman

Same thing happens to me. Sprint says their is nothing wrong with their network. And its a device issue. I have had the device replaced by Apple! On the 3rd sim card. Last Sim is from Apple. Still having issues. Did all resets and tests that Sprint wants. Nothing is ever done! I don’t understand how a phone company doesn’t care about dropped calls. Or bad call quality! 

mgwarren3 - check back with us after those repairs are finished at the end of the month and let us know if things haven't gotten any better. Once that tower gets sorted out, you should see an improvement. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

What is the status of my local towers repair or whatever has been going on there ???

I ask as in response to your request for me to check in at months end as to my experience of calls being dropped... I am at the end of my patience... my calls drop everytime I use my cell... it is beyond frustration... if this situation is not resolved by tomorrow I will be canceling my account and seeking another provider.

If Sprint has any desire to keep me as a customer respond accordingly.

Journeyman

Same. Omaha NE. What’s the status of the tower repair? Still have dropped calls and awful phone quaility. Yesterday a Sprint rep even said they can hardly hear me because I go in and out!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat