cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no Standalone for Galaxy Watch still 05/2019

Journeyman

Why no Standalone for Galaxy Watch still 05/2019

Why Jesus!!! I left another carrier to come to Sprint because at the time it was cheaper! You get whatcha pay for! My watch worked perfectly fine with them. Then I switched!! Is this ever going to happen? If not...👀👎

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Why no Standalone for Galaxy Watch still 05/2019

Howdy I8tesprnt. What seems to be going on with your watch? What type of watch do you have?

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm... I'm in DFW and I still don't have VoLTE for my Note 9! 

Thanks for the clarification. We're still in the process of a full launch of VoLTE, and not every device or city is VoLTE capable at this time. We are working on adding more cities and most of the newer devices are VoLTE capable. Here's a list of current cities in Texas that have VoLTE coverage and a list of current Samsung devices that are VoLTE capable. 

Current Cities in Texas: 

* Austin

* DFW

* Houston

* South Texas

More to come. 

Current Samsung devices: 

◾Galaxy S8 (requires VoLTE device software update)
◾Galaxy S8+ (requires VoLTE device software update)
◾Galaxy S8 Active
◾Galaxy S8 SE
◾Galaxy S8+ SE
◾Galaxy 10
◾Galaxy 10 SE
◾Galaxy 10+
◾Galaxy 10+ SE
◾Galaxy 10e
◾Galaxy 10e SE

More to come. 

Please let me know if you have anything else I can assist with. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

...So, my question was about my watch! All I got was phone info in which I'm guessing meaning that my watch will not work as standalone until my Note 9 has VoLTE!?

That is correct. At this time the Note 9 isn't compatible with Sprint VoLTE. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

I'm going back to my old carrier, in which my Note 9 and my Galaxy watch worked as standalone!
Journeyman

The reason I purchased the Watch was for the stand alone feature.. Im looking for a carrier that supports the Note9 and galaxy watch stand alone

Journeyman

Verizon wireless!
Journeyman

Hey so I just did an System Update on my Note 9! And it's still no where near being VOLTE or my Galaxy Watch 46mm acting as a Standalone huh?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat