Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation process

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

cancellation process

Hello,

Please advise me on the cancellation process.  We currently have 4 lines with phones that are finished with their leases.  We do not wish to upgrade, but are looking to cancel.  

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

If you wish to keep those phone numbers and just move them to another carrier, DO NOT HAVE US CANCEL.  You'll lose those numbers.  Instead, you'll establish service with that new carrier, submit a port request for the numbers you wish to transfer.  You'll need your account number and account PIN to complete this.  Once the port is complete, your account with us will be closed and generate your final bill.  If you have leased devices you need to return, you will be sent return kits so you will not be billed for non-returned devices.  If you wish to take those phones with you, you'll pay off the remaining lease balance(s) first, and a request for domestic unlock will be submitted.  It can take 1-2 business days for the phones to be unlocked.  Once unlocked, you'll be able to use those phones with compatible networks.  

If you wish to just cancel the numbers and return the phones- You'll want to contact customer care, and they will handle the cancellation process.  The phones won't be cancelled until the end of the billing period, as you've already paid for that month's service.  

Let us know if you have any other questions or need any clarification.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi Annbarbie! Sorry to hear that you're wanting to discontinue service with us.  Were you planning on moving those phone numbers to a different carrier or just cancelling them outright?

Undecided.  What is the process?  

Highlighted

If you wish to keep those phone numbers and just move them to another carrier, DO NOT HAVE US CANCEL.  You'll lose those numbers.  Instead, you'll establish service with that new carrier, submit a port request for the numbers you wish to transfer.  You'll need your account number and account PIN to complete this.  Once the port is complete, your account with us will be closed and generate your final bill.  If you have leased devices you need to return, you will be sent return kits so you will not be billed for non-returned devices.  If you wish to take those phones with you, you'll pay off the remaining lease balance(s) first, and a request for domestic unlock will be submitted.  It can take 1-2 business days for the phones to be unlocked.  Once unlocked, you'll be able to use those phones with compatible networks.  

If you wish to just cancel the numbers and return the phones- You'll want to contact customer care, and they will handle the cancellation process.  The phones won't be cancelled until the end of the billing period, as you've already paid for that month's service.  

Let us know if you have any other questions or need any clarification.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

If we are interested in purchasing one of our leased 7s phones, what is the cost?  Our lease is complete.

Thanks.

Highlighted

I'm happy to check on the phone cost for purchase. I'm sending you a private message to get your account information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted

We cancelled our plans last month which included 4 phones that were finished with their leases. We returned 3 phones and kept one.  We received the price over private message to keep the one phone and the Sprint Agent asked if we would like to go ahead and authorize the charge to buy the phone.  We authorized the charge at that time, our credit card was charged the amount of $164.78 on 3/23/19.  Now, we erroneously received another bill in the mail for the same amount that we have already paid, $164.78.  Clearly this is an error and a double bill.  Please advise how to remedy this matter.  Thank you.

Highlighted

Please send us a PM. I can look into this for you. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat