cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 34, constantly roaming

Journeyman

error 34, constantly roaming

I recently switched over to Sprint a few days ago from Boost mobile (which I believe shares the Sprint network) to get the new Samsung S10+, and I've been having nothing but issues. From trying to place a phone call and it never ringing, only hanging up after some period of time to not getting any text messages all day until a random time and suddenly receiving all of them at once. There are times when the phone works as intended, but the times I am caught roaming and getting the "error 34" message when trying to text outnumber the good. I have updated the PRL and Profile options everyday as per the other similar scenarios I have read about on these forums to no avail.

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: error 34, constantly roaming

Hey there, did you already get the new S10 or are you still on another phone? There are a few quick things we can have you try before potentially digging down into your account. Let us know which phone you're currently on and we'll drop some simple steps to start with here to see if we can get things cleared up for you. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint wrote:

Hey there, did you already get the new S10 or are you still on another phone? There are a few quick things we can have you try before potentially digging down into your account. Let us know which phone you're currently on and we'll drop some simple steps to start with here to see if we can get things cleared up for you. 

Yes, I got the phone the day I switched over.

Please go ahead and restart your phone. Dial ##BRAND# which will restart it. When it comes back on dial ##SCRTN# to reset your network.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint wrote:

Please go ahead and restart your phone. Dial ##BRAND# which will restart it. When it comes back on dial ##SCRTN# to reset your network.

Tried that and it helped a little I suppose. I'm starting to recognize that the issue is limited to about 5-10 miles around my home and the area. Looking at the coverage map it is well covered but my service says otherwise.

Howdy cricket840. I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge more info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat