cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS - IPv6 Only

Journeyman

iPhone XS - IPv6 Only

Hello,

I’ve seen multiple iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR accross the Sprint network not be given an IPv4 address. As far as I was made aware of Sprint’s network is still configured for dual stack IP. I looked through and the problem seems to be within the carrier bundle Sprint is passing to these phones. They are passing the x.ispsn APN which I’ve been told is IPv6 only compared to 8 Plus using the n.ispsn APN which supports both. The issue stretches further than my devices. This issue is resulting not being able to access IPv4 only sites at all.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: iPhone XS - IPv6 Only

The pool of IPV4 addresses is being rapidly exhausted. Sprint is moving to IPV6 compliancy due to a government mandate. Sprint has recommended that enterprises convert to use IPv6 for several years. Have you possibly thought about using a different browser?

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have and still had problems reaching sites that were IPv4 only. I noticed older iPhones like the 8 Plus are getting dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 still with the latest iOS.
Journeyman

What is the site that your trying to access? 

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat