cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only use service provider UICC

Journeyman

only use service provider UICC

A message popped up on my phone today saying "you can currently only use your service provider UICC with this device. To use a different UICC, contact your service provider.

Could someone let me know what this message means and why i received it.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
GrandMaster

Re: only use service provider UICC

was your device brought in from another carrier or was it previously on Sprint but is now on another carrier?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Its a Note 5 I have had since they first came out bought from Sprint years ago and I still have the same Sprint account I have had for 15 years....no, changes.

GrandMaster

has it been rooted or anything? and aside from that is anything else happening? calls? data? boot loops?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No, I havent done anything to the phone...seems to be working fine.

Journeyman

i just talked to sprint and they said since I havent done anything to the phone and it seems to be working fine to disregard it....but I still do not understand why I got that message or what it means...does not seem right.

Journeyman

I agree. We have 4 J3's and two of them have popped up with this message in the last 2 days. Is it possible Sprint is doing some sort of change or upgrade that is kicking this message out? But if so, why only on 2 of the phones on our account - since they're all the same and operate in the same areas.  If not, what would cause a SIM card issue to kick the message? 

GrandMaster

are they currently on an account with Sprint or were they purchased from Sprint but are now being used on another carrier?

Journeyman

Purchased from Sprint and still used on Sprint (we've been with them for almost 20 years).

GrandMaster

one of the agents will need to look at your account to see if something went awry. the odds of 4 devices on the same account having sim card issues at the same time is not a common deal and almost unheard of.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat