Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sim not valid" message when trying to BYOD

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

"Sim not valid" message when trying to BYOD

Hopefully this is the right section, I wasn't sure where to put this.

I recently added a new line to my account. I planned on bringing my own device to use for this new line. I have an unlocked OnePlus 6T. When I put the IMEI number into the compatibility checker it seems to give me the go ahead and asks me for a Sprint SIM card number. I went ahead and bought a Sprint SIM kit thinking it would be supported, but now after inputting the IMEI number then attempting to put in the SIM number I get an error message that my SIM number is invalid and to try again. The SIM kit came with four cards, so I tried all of them and they all claimed to be invalid. I am not sure if this is because I got a bad SIM kit or because my phone is not actually supported (despite the website giving me no indication that is not the case). Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Thanks for the requested info. Unfortunately, despite the website letting you know that the device is compatible it really isn't. System enhancement is schedule to be done this month, meaning the list of incompatible BYOD devices would be updated soon. We're truly sorry about this inconvenience & thanks for choosing Sprint. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I'm going to send you a private message for more information. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Thanks for the requested info. Unfortunately, despite the website letting you know that the device is compatible it really isn't. System enhancement is schedule to be done this month, meaning the list of incompatible BYOD devices would be updated soon. We're truly sorry about this inconvenience & thanks for choosing Sprint. 

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat