cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi issues

Journeyman

Re: wifi issues

So basically it’s sprints services or you can’t use any of it.  The only way to use WiFi is turning my services off. I can’t receive or send anything with cellular services off. But if I have cellular data turned on I can’t use any WiFi. Glad I have unlimited data lol now I have to figure out a new way to print from my phone now. 

Journeyman

I’m still trying to see what works with cellular data turned off and I’m using the WiFi. My sister has android phone and a text came through from her. I sent one back but I don’t know if it was sent. 

Community Manager

Wow, it sounds like wifi assist is still on because you turn off cellular data and as a result, it has no other network to go to and is forced on wifi.  What version of iOS are you on?

@katbuch87 wrote:

So basically it’s sprints services or you can’t use any of it.  The only way to use WiFi is turning my services off. I can’t receive or send anything with cellular services off. But if I have cellular data turned on I can’t use any WiFi. Glad I have unlimited data lol now I have to figure out a new way to print from my phone now. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

The latest update. 13. Something. Again WiFi assist has always been turned off. I looked yesterday it was off. And just now. It’s off. I posted update this morning. So far my sister sent a text (who has android) and I responded back and she confirmed she got it. I’m able to do updates and check emails. Along with safari. This is all with WiFi assist off. Cellular data off. And I’m connected to a WiFi. I would test this leaving the house and coming back but I’m not leaving my house today since everything is like 20 minutes away lol. So when that time comes I will definitely update on here. 

Journeyman

*UPDATE*
so I have had cellular data off and the WiFi on at the house and have been using the WiFi just fine. When you leave the WiFi you will need to go in and turn WiFi off and turn the cellular data back on. Can’t have both on at the same time. Nothing works that way. So 5 months this wasn’t like this at all. I could leave cellular data on and WiFi on. What happened since then? Sprint couldn’t tell me anything about this accept that is how I have to do it. Total crap. 2 sprint customer service reps told me they would assist on the phone and leave a call back number. Didn’t hear back from them until mid next day. I can’t wait for my contract to be up because I’m switching. Thank you all that have been trying help me figure this out! 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat